Search train tickets to Frankfurt am Main
How to get to Frankfurt am Main by train
|Trips per day||12,435|
We partner with the top coach & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Frankfurt is Germany's financial hub, home to the European Central Bank. This riverside city offers a variety of cultural and historical attractions scattered between its financial institutions and shops.
Your first stop should be Old Town, along the river Main. Once the center of the city, the Old Town district is now the site of the Römer, or city hall, along a row of picturesque timber houses. Stop in Kleinmarkthalle, a bustling indoor market, to grab a sausage for a snack before wandering through some of Old Town's museums: Saalgasse, Dommuseum, and Museum für Moderne Kunst (Museum MMK) will get you started. Two of Frankfurt's most prominent churches, St. Bartholomew Cathedral and St. Nicholas Church, are also in the area.
Food is always delightful in Frankfurt. Several Michelin-star restaurants will entice you, including Restaurant Lafleur, Restaurant Gustav, Restaurant Villa Merton, and Carmelo Greco. If you prefer more affordable dining and lively nightlife, head to the Bahnhofsviertel neighborhood near the city's train station.
The train station in Bahnhofsviertel serves national and international rail lines for Deutsche Bahn, DB Intercity, FlixTrain, vlexx, and Railjet. You can also reach Frankfurt easily on bus carriers like FlixBus and Sindbad. Plus, flying in and out of Frankfurt is a breeze, as the airport is one of the largest in Germany and the main hub for the Lufthansa airline.
What train companies travel to Frankfurt am Main, Germany?
Located in Germany, Frankfurt am Main is accessible by train from 859 other cities. You can choose from 12435 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Frankfurt am Main on Wanderu. Deutsche Bahn usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Coach tickets to Frankfurt am Main are also available..
Train companies serving Frankfurt am Main
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||764||3h 50m||£52.67|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||700||5h 22m||£57.99|
|DB Intercity-Express||262||3h 12m||£50.41|
|DB Intercity||160||4h 1m||£32.19|
|Non-federally owned railway company||38||4h 16m||£61.09|
|DB Eurocity||7||5h 47m||£71.14|
Part of the FlixBus family, FlixTrain launched in 2018 to offer affordable and sustainable train travel in Germany. Its trains provide Wi-Fi, power outlets, air conditioning, onboard restrooms, and access to an entertainment portal full of movies, games, and music. In addition, each passenger gets a guaranteed seat, so you don't have to worry about standing in any aisles.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Frankfurt am Main?
£2.57 is the cheapest price for a train ticket to Frankfurt am Main, according to recent searches on Wanderu. You can use our search to check if this price is currently available on buses from your city to Frankfurt am Main. In the last month, trains from Aschaffenburg to Frankfurt am Main had the lowest average price at £3.15. In general, these cities tend to have the cheapest trains to Frankfurt am Main:
Where is the train station in Frankfurt am Main, Germany?
The busiest train station in Frankfurt am Main is Central Train Station. There are several other active stations in addition to this main station. The most popular train stations in Frankfurt am Main are:
- Central Train Station
- Frankfurt Süd Station
- Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Fernbf
What is the closest airport to Frankfurt am Main, HE?
Is Frankfurt am Main a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Frankfurt am Main?
How much do train tickets to Frankfurt am Main cost?
What type of traveler does Frankfurt am Main attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Frankfurt am Main?
Top train routes to and from Frankfurt am Main
- train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Stuttgart
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Sonthofen
- train from Munich to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Paris
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Munich
- train from Bad Nauheim to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Hamburg
- train from Copenhagen to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Amsterdam
- train from Bern to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Leer
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Hanau
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Mainz
- train from Vienna to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Prague
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Darmstadt
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Mannheim
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Zurich
- train from Friedberg to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Mainz to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Berlin
- train from Cologne to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Brussels to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Frankfurt am Main to London
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Hanover
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Brussels
- train from Hanau to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Cologne
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Vienna
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Dortmund
- train from Paris to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Hamburg to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Darmstadt to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Hanover to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Glauburg to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Berlin to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Aschaffenburg to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Stuttgart to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Mainaschaff to Frankfurt am Main
Wanderu is the simplest way to book coach and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.