Search train tickets to Dresden
How to get to Dresden by train
|Trips per day||14,531|
We partner with the top coach & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Sometimes called the Florence of the North, Dresden is a magnificent city that is slowly recovering from its losses during the Second World War. As one of the most visited cities in Germany, Dresden is rich in culture and heritage; both are exemplified in the Frauenkirche, a reconstructed cathedral that serves both as the reminder of the horrors of wars and as a shining beacon of hope. If you are a fan of beautiful architectural works, don't miss out on Dresden Castle, a Baroque castle that has stood firmly and confidently for over 400 years. For fans of music and cultural activities in general, plan a special night out at the Semperoper, the premier opera house of the city.
Dresden's food scene is an eclectic mix of local specialties and international cuisines. For the best local dishes, check out Brühlscher Garten, in the heart of the Old Town quarter. Also worth visiting is Historisches Fischhaus, housed in a building dating back to the 16th century.
Bus and train service connect Dresden to other cities in Germany and the rest of Europe. If you're flying in, the Dresden airport is just a few miles from downtown.
Dresden's largest train station, referred to as Dresden Hauptbahnhof in German, is the central train station in the city. First opened in 1898, the station has gone through numerous renovations and reconstructions. The last major renovation was completed in 2014. The current station is enormous, and it welcomes more than 60,000 passengers daily. You'll find high-class restaurants, retail and gift stores, and a first-class waiting lounge for frequent travelers inside the station. Many Deutsche Bahn railway lines serve the station, and travelers who are transferring to a bus need only walk across the street to the city's main bus station, Dresden ZOB.
Popular train stations in Dresden:
What train companies travel to Dresden, Germany?
Located in Germany, Dresden is accessible by train from 772 other cities. You can choose from 14531 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Dresden on Wanderu. Deutsche Bahn usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Coach tickets to Dresden are also available..
Train companies serving Dresden
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||697||5h 50m||£57.66|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||657||7h 18m||£68.15|
|DB Intercity-Express||144||4h 41m||£56.92|
|DB Intercity||96||3h 17m||£35.19|
|Non-federally owned railway company||50||2h 43m||£24.70|
|trilex express||16||1h 45m||£20.50|
|DB Eurocity||9||2h 8m||£26.53|
Part of the FlixBus family, FlixTrain launched in 2018 to offer affordable and sustainable train travel in Germany. Its trains provide Wi-Fi, power outlets, air conditioning, onboard restrooms, and access to an entertainment portal full of movies, games, and music. In addition, each passenger gets a guaranteed seat, so you don't have to worry about standing in any aisles.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Dresden?
Where is the train station in Dresden, Germany?
The busiest train station in Dresden is Train Station. There are several other active stations in addition to this main station. The most popular train stations in Dresden are:
- Train Station
What is the closest airport to Dresden, SN?
Is Dresden a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Dresden?
How much do train tickets to Dresden cost?
What type of traveler does Dresden attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Dresden?
Top train routes to and from Dresden
- train from Dresden to Berlin
- train from Dresden to Paris
- train from Dresden to Budapest
- train from Wuppertal to Dresden
- train from Essen to Dresden
- train from Frauenstein to Dresden
- train from Dresden to Leipzig
- train from Dresden to Rostock
- train from Dresden to Bolesławiec
- train from Lüneburg to Dresden
- train from Bad Schandau to Dresden
- train from Dresden to Warsaw
- train from Dresden to Apeldoorn
- train from Aachen to Dresden
- train from Dresden to Essen
- train from Königstein to Dresden
- train from Weißenborn to Dresden
- train from Großharthau to Dresden
- train from Freiberg to Dresden
- train from Dresden to Munich
- train from Amsterdam to Dresden
- train from Berlin to Dresden
- train from Prague to Dresden
- train from Dresden to Roosendaal
- train from Giessen to Dresden
- train from Dresden to Almere
- train from Dresden to Bückeburg
- train from Dresden to Prague
- train from Dresden to Kiel
- train from Ostend to Dresden
- train from Dresden to Hamburg
- train from Hamburg to Dresden
- train from Bischofswerda to Dresden
- train from Dresden to Vienna
- train from Dresden to Amsterdam
- train from Dresden to Chemnitz
- train from Rostock to Dresden
- train from Stadt Wehlen to Dresden
- train from Wiesbaden to Dresden
- train from Dresden to Venlo
Wanderu is the simplest way to book coach and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.