Compare train tickets from Vancouver to Prince Rupert
How much are train tickets from Vancouver to Prince Rupert?
|Fastest train||77h 25m|
|Trains per day||1|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Vancouver to Prince Rupert during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
What is the price of a train ticket from Vancouver to Prince Rupert?
In the last month, £70.50 was the average price of a train ticket from Vancouver, BC to Prince Rupert, BC. You are more likely to find a ticket at this price or lower if you book online in advance of your travel date.
How long is the train journey from Vancouver to Prince Rupert?
The distance between Vancouver and Prince Rupert is approximately 464 miles, or 746 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 77 hours and 25 minutes,
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Vancouver to Prince Rupert are the most crowded on Saturday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Saturday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
Most days, there is only one train which leaves Vancouver at 15:00 and arrives in Prince Rupert around 77 hours later.
Is there a direct train from Vancouver to Prince Rupert?
Typically there is only one scheduled train per day. However, it is not a direct train. This means that you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train at some point during your journey. You will need to remember to bring your carry-on luggage with you when you transfer trains. Depending on the carrier's policy, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Prince Rupert to Vancouver.
Which train should you take from Vancouver to Prince Rupert?
VIA Rail is the one and only train line which connects Vancouver, British Columbia to Prince Rupert, British Columbia. Furthermore, there is only one train per day, so you will have to plan your travel around this limited availability. On the other hand, you won't have to spend a ton of time comparing a bunch of possible options.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|VIA Rail||1||3d 5h 25m||£79.10|
VIA Rail train tickets from Vancouver to Prince Rupert start from £70, and on average cost £79. Daily there are 1 VIA Rail schedules to Prince Rupert. VIA Rail in Vancouver leaves from Pacific Central Station - 1150 Station St, And in Prince Rupert trains arrive at VIA Station, From Vancouver to Prince Rupert train travel on VIA Rail takes 77 hours and 25 minutes.
Where is the train station in Vancouver?
There is one train station in Vancouver:
- Pacific Central Station - 1150 Station St
Where is the train station in Prince Rupert?
Prince Rupert has one train station:
- VIA Station
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Vancouver
- Vancouver to Edmonton Train
- Vancouver to Jasper Train
- Train from Vancouver to North Kamloops
- Train from Vancouver to Prince George
- Train from Vancouver to Winnipeg
- Train from Vancouver to Ottawa
- Vancouver to Toronto Train
- Train from Vancouver to Montreal
- Vancouver to Québec Train
- Train from Vancouver to Saskatoon
- Vancouver to Los Angeles
- Vancouver to Ontario Train
- Train from Vancouver to San Diego
- Train from Vancouver to San Francisco
- Vancouver to Portland
- Train from Vancouver to Bellingham
- Vancouver to Leavenworth Train
- Vancouver to Seattle
Continue by train from Prince Rupert
- Prince Rupert to Jasper Train
- Prince Rupert to Cedarvale
- Train from Prince Rupert to Chilliwack
- Train from Prince Rupert to Clearwater
- Train from Prince Rupert to Dorreen
- Train from Prince Rupert to Fort Fraser
- Train from Prince Rupert to Houston
- Prince Rupert to Kitwanga
- Prince Rupert to Longworth Train
- Train from Prince Rupert to New Hazelton
- Train from Prince Rupert to North Kamloops
- Train from Prince Rupert to Pacific
- Train from Prince Rupert to Prince George
- Prince Rupert to Smithers Train
- Prince Rupert to Terrace Train
- Train from Prince Rupert to Vancouver
- Prince Rupert to Vanderhoof Train
- Train from Prince Rupert to Willow River