Compare train tickets from San Clemente to Altoona
How much are train tickets from San Clemente to Altoona?
|Fastest train||85h 42m|
|Trains per day||1|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from San Clemente to Altoona during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
What is the price of a train ticket from San Clemente to Altoona?
In the last month, £186.44 was the average price of a train ticket from San Clemente, CA to Altoona, PA. Given how far apart San Clemente and Altoona are from each other, there's no getting around the fact that most train tickets are on the pricier side. You are more likely to find a ticket at this price or lower if you book online in advance of your travel date.
How long is the train journey from San Clemente to Altoona?
The distance between San Clemente and Altoona is approximately 2202 miles, or 3543 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 85 hours and 42 minutes,
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from San Clemente to Altoona are the most crowded on Monday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Monday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
Most days, there is only one train which leaves San Clemente at 17:00 and arrives in Altoona around 85 hours later.
Is there a direct train from San Clemente to Altoona?
Typically there is only one scheduled train per day. However, it is not a direct train. This means that you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train at some point during your journey. You will need to remember to bring your carry-on luggage with you when you transfer trains. Depending on the carrier's policy, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Altoona to San Clemente.
Which train should you take from San Clemente to Altoona?
Amtrak is the one and only train line which connects San Clemente, California to Altoona, Pennsylvania. Furthermore, there is only one train per day, so you will have to plan your travel around this limited availability. On the other hand, you won't have to spend a ton of time comparing a bunch of possible options.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak||1||3d 13h 42m||£186.44|
Amtrak train tickets from San Clemente to Altoona start from £186, and on average cost £186. Daily there are 1 Amtrak schedules to Altoona. Amtrak in San Clemente leaves from 615 Ave Victoria at San Clemente Pier, And in Altoona trains arrive at 1231 11th Ave, From San Clemente to Altoona train travel on Amtrak takes 85 hours and 42 minutes. If you are looking to travel to Altoona on a weekend there is typically one Amtrak scheduled trip per day, which will cost £186 for a one-way weekend reservation from San Clemente.
Where is the train station in San Clemente?
There is one train station in San Clemente:
- 615 Ave Victoria at San Clemente Pier
Where is the train station in Altoona?
Altoona has one train station:
- 1231 11th Ave
Plan your next adventure
More trains from San Clemente
- San Clemente to Goleta Train
- San Clemente to La Quinta Train
- San Clemente to Los Angeles Train
- Train from San Clemente to San Diego
- Train from San Clemente to Santa Barbara
- Train from San Clemente to Westchester
- San Clemente to Miami Train
- Train from San Clemente to Ottumwa
- Train from San Clemente to Chicago
- Train from San Clemente to Bangor
- San Clemente to Independence Train
- Train from San Clemente to Kansas City
- San Clemente to Oklahoma City Train
- Train from San Clemente to Purcell
- Train from San Clemente to Connellsville
- Train from San Clemente to Exton
- San Clemente to Charlottesville Train
- San Clemente to Laramie
Continue by train from Altoona
- Train from Altoona to Phoenix
- Altoona to Washington D.C. Train
- Altoona to Jacksonville Train
- Altoona to Atlanta Train
- Altoona to Louisville Train
- Train from Altoona to Boston
- Altoona to St Louis Train
- Altoona to Newark Train
- Train from Altoona to New York
- Train from Altoona to Columbus
- Train from Altoona to Harrisburg
- Train from Altoona to Johnstown
- Train from Altoona to Philadelphia
- Train from Altoona to Pittsburgh
- Train from Altoona to Reading
- Altoona to Providence
- Train from Altoona to North Charleston
- Train from Altoona to Richmond