Compare train tickets from Wisconsin Dells to La Crosse
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Wisconsin Dells-La Crosse Train Timetable
There are 2 daily trains from Wisconsin Dells to La Crosse. Traveling by train from Wisconsin Dells to La Crosse usually takes around one hour and 22 minutes, but some trains might arrive slightly earlier or later than scheduled.
|Distance||74 mi (120 km)|
|Fastest train||1h 22m|
|Trains per day||2|
|Most frequent service||Amtrak Empire Builder|
What is the price of a train ticket from Wisconsin Dells to La Crosse?
In the last month, £14.69 was the average price of a train ticket from Wisconsin Dells, WI to La Crosse, WI. This is about as inexpensive as train tickets ever get. You can expect to find tickets at that price or lower if you book your trip at least 19 days in advance. Otherwise, expect to pay around £5.02 more than that for a same-day booking.
Monthly average prices
Which train should you take from Wisconsin Dells to La Crosse?
Amtrak Empire Builder is the one and only train line which connects Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin to La Crosse, Wisconsin. The schedule is relatively limited as the train only runs twice a day.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak Empire Builder||2||1h 23m||£17.47|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Wisconsin Dells to La Crosse during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Wisconsin Dells to La Crosse?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Wisconsin Dells to La Crosse are the most crowded on Saturday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Thursday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Wisconsin Dells at 17:00 while the last train of the day leaves at 17:00. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Wisconsin Dells to La Crosse?
Trains leave the station in Wisconsin Dells twice a day, so there are a couple of options depending on your preferred travel time. Luckily, both trains will get you to La Crosse with direct service. While there might still be stops along the way, you will not need to get off or switch trains.
You can also take a train for your return trip from La Crosse to Wisconsin Dells. If you're not not set on traveling by train, you could always take the bus from Wisconsin Dells to La Crosse for £17.91.
Where is the train station in Wisconsin Dells?
There is one train station in Wisconsin Dells.
Where is the train station in La Crosse?
La Crosse has one train station.
Need a return trip from La Crosse to Wisconsin Dells?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Wisconsin Dells
- Wisconsin Dells to Toronto Train
- Train from Wisconsin Dells to Los Angeles
- Train from Wisconsin Dells to San Francisco
- Train from Wisconsin Dells to Washington D.C.
- Wisconsin Dells to Orlando Train
- Train from Wisconsin Dells to Chicago
- Train from Wisconsin Dells to New Orleans
- Train from Wisconsin Dells to Boston
- Wisconsin Dells to Saint Paul Train
- Wisconsin Dells to Whitefish Train
- Wisconsin Dells to Las Vegas Train
- Train from Wisconsin Dells to New York
- Wisconsin Dells to Portland Train
- Train from Wisconsin Dells to Nashville
- Train from Wisconsin Dells to Seattle
- Train from Wisconsin Dells to Green Bay
- Wisconsin Dells to Madison Train
- Train from Wisconsin Dells to Milwaukee
Continue by train from La Crosse
- Train from La Crosse to Toronto
- La Crosse to Washington D.C.
- Train from La Crosse to Orlando
- Train from La Crosse to Chicago
- Train from La Crosse to New Orleans
- Train from La Crosse to Saint Paul
- Train from La Crosse to Winona
- La Crosse to St Louis Train
- La Crosse to Whitefish Train
- La Crosse to New York Train
- La Crosse to Cleveland
- La Crosse to Portland
- Train from La Crosse to Nashville
- Train from La Crosse to Seattle
- Train from La Crosse to Columbus
- Train from La Crosse to Madison
- La Crosse to Milwaukee Train
- Train from La Crosse to Wisconsin Dells
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.