Search bus tickets to Washington
How to get to Washington by bus
|Trips per day||819|
What is a good price for a bus ticket to Washington?
Where is the bus station in Washington, DC?
The busiest bus station in Washington is Union Station. There are several other active stations in addition to this main station. The most popular bus stations in Washington are:
- Union Station
- 2305 Pennsylvania Ave. SE
- Union Station, Slip 29
Where should you stay in Washington, DC?
Washington, DC can be a very expensive city, so it’s best to do a little bit of research to find a good deal on accommodations.
On the higher end, those with cash to burn may consider staying in Dupont Circle, where many of the city’s trendiest bars and restaurants are located. Georgetown, a charming older neighborhood with cobblestone streets, offers much in terms of food and shopping, but is also on the pricier side.
A good mid-tier option may be the historic Adams Morgan neighborhood, which has the highest concentration of bars and restaurants of any area in the city. If nightlife is what you’re after, do a little digging and you may find a place to budget-friendly place to stay. Midtown is also a terrific option, as it provides easy access to some of Washington, DC’s biggest attractions, such as the White House.
To save a little money, consider staying across the Potomac River in Arlington, or a little further south in Alexandria. True, you won’t exactly be in the heart of the city, but a robust public transit system will help you easily get downtown into the mix of things.
How do you get around Washington?
A major way people get around Washington is via the Metrorail, aka the Washington Metro. WMATA fares range from $2.25 to $6 per trip depending on how many stops you travel and whether you’re traveling during peak hours. If traveling outside of rush hour, fares typically range from $1.85 to $3.85.
To pay for these fares, use a SmarTrip card. These plastic, rechargeable fare cards can be purchased by cash or credit at any Metro Station. The Washington Metro designates different routes by color (Red Line, Orange Line, Blue Line, Green Line, Yellow Line and Silver Line). Consult a map within the station to see which line your stop is on. In addition to the Metro lines, there are also plenty of local bus routes, taxis, and rideshare companies such as Uber and Lyft.
What are some places to visit in DC?
Everyone knows that Washington, DC is dense with beautiful monuments. There is the Washington Monument, built in 1848, that honors the first President of the United States. Then there is the Lincoln Memorial, a 19-foot high marble statue of 16th President Abraham Lincoln. Of course, you can tour the White House or the United States Capitol Building.
In addition to these historic icons, Washington is home to the Smithsonian Museums, most of which are free. The Smithsonian institutions are internationally known for their incredible collections.
What are some good restaurants in Washington, DC?
A great place to grab dinner in Washington is Art and Soul. It is located inside the Liaison Washington Capitol Hill hotel, directly across the street from Union Station. Art and Soul is known for its Southern cuisine, with outside seating and a great view.
An old favorite that has been around for more than 50 years is The Monocle Restaurant. Although a little more pricey, delectable food is well worth it. The Monocle is known for its impressive wine list and delicious steaks.
For a quick and tasty sandwich, try West Wing Café, just a short walk up Massachusetts Avenue NE from Union Station.
What is the best time to visit Washington by bus?
Because it is such a big tourist city, Washington DC is often busy. During the summer it is thick with tourists, and other times of year you’re likely to run into school groups. Although a good time to visit DC is when it is not smoldering hot while you walk around the monuments.
DC is known for its beautiful cherry blossoms, which start blooming in mid March and continue through mid April. Because so many visitors are coming into DC by train and plane during this time, you’re likely to get a much better deal if you arrive by bus.
Which cities have the most buses to Washington?
What bus companies travel to Washington, District of Columbia?
Located in District of Columbia, Washington is accessible by bus from 387 other cities. You can choose from 819 daily scheduled trips when you search for buses to Washington on Wanderu. Greyhound usually has the most buses on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Train tickets to Washington are also available..
Bus companies serving Washington
Top bus routes to and from Washington
- bus from Washington to Boston
- bus from Washington to Norfolk
- bus from Syracuse to Washington
- bus from Nashville to Washington
- bus from Washington to Albany
- bus from Washington to Pittsburgh
- bus from Washington to Morgantown
- bus from Morgantown to Washington
- bus from Miami to Washington
- bus from Washington to Durham
- bus from Atlanta to Washington
- bus from Virginia Beach to Washington
- bus from Washington to Charlottesville
- bus from New York to Washington
- bus from Cleveland to Washington
- bus from Washington to State College
- bus from New Haven to Washington
- bus from Washington to Hartford
- bus from Washington to Newark
- bus from Washington to Houston
- bus from Hartford to Washington
- bus from Washington to Miami
- bus from Orlando to Washington
- bus from Columbia to Washington
- bus from Richmond to Washington
- bus from Washington to Harrisburg
- bus from Washington to Dallas
- bus from Charlottesville to Washington
- bus from Philadelphia to Washington
- bus from Washington to Columbus
- bus from Washington to Charleston
- bus from Springfield to Washington
- bus from Newark to Washington
- bus from Baltimore to Washington
- bus from Indianapolis to Washington
- bus from Pittsburgh to Washington
- bus from Chicago to Washington
- bus from Washington to Newark
- bus from Washington to Baltimore
- bus from Houston to Washington
- bus from Buffalo to Washington
- bus from Washington to Chicago
- bus from Washington to Atlantic City
- bus from Washington to Philadelphia
- bus from Washington to Hampton
- bus from Wilmington to Washington
- bus from Charlotte to Washington
- bus from Washington to Columbia
- bus from Washington to Nashville
- bus from Washington to Orlando
- bus from Hampton to Washington
- bus from Washington to Richmond
- bus from Washington to Wilmington
- bus from Washington to Fayetteville
- bus from Columbus to Washington
- bus from Washington to Greensboro
- bus from Washington to Virginia Beach
- bus from Boston to Washington
- bus from Raleigh to Washington
- bus from Washington to Charlotte
- bus from Washington to Raleigh
- bus from Washington to Atlanta
- bus from Harrisburg to Washington
- bus from Washington to Detroit
- bus from Fredericksburg to Washington
- bus from Washington to New York
- bus from Washington to Montreal
- bus from Durham to Washington
Popular bus routes in Europe
- bus from Barcelona to Genoa
- bus from London to Chambéry
- bus from Barcelona to Linz
- bus from Brussels to Berlin
- bus from Paris to Cluj-Napoca
- bus from Perpignan to Madrid
- bus from Nice to Prague
- bus from Hamburg to Saint-Etienne
- bus from Bremen to Rome
- bus from Nantes to London
- bus from Munich to Stuttgart
- bus from Naples to Turin
- bus from Madrid to Dresden
- bus from Essen to Zagreb
- bus from Porto to Paris
- bus from Milan to Bilbao