Search bus tickets to Bucharest
How to get to Bucharest by bus
|Trips per day||123|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Quick & Easy Booking
Book trips quickly with a simple, hassle-free checkout – online & on our app.
Fast Customer Support
We don’t monkey around. We respond within minutes to help you out.
Considered one of Europe’s best-kept secrets, Bucharest boasts a unique look that effortlessly blends elements from the East and the West. To marvel at the city’s unique architecture, head over to the Palace of Parliament, which was built during the communist rule of the country. Blending iconic communist architectural elements with modernist Neoclassicism, the building is a living witness to the country’s controversial era. There are walking tours for interested visitors, and the building also houses Romania’s National Museum of Contemporary Art. For those interested in history or cultural lessons, the National Museum of the Romanian Peasant, with its impressive collection of pottery, certainly is a good choice. For those who simply wish to enjoy a walk among nature, Carol Park is relatively close to the city center, and it rarely gets crowded.
Like most big European cities, the food scene at Bucharest is vibrant and extremely diverse. For those who enjoy authentically Romanian dishes, Casa Doina is a great choice. If you wish to enjoy something more exotic, Divan could be a great choice.
The main bus station in Bucharest is called Bucuresti Militari Bus Station. It is located on the outskirts of the city and it serves as the local hub for FlixBus. Bucharest’s main railway station is the Gara de Nord, which provides access to other European cities as well. The main airport is the Henri Coandă International Airport, located 10.3 miles north of the city center.
What bus companies travel to Bucharest, Romania?
Located in Romania, Bucharest is accessible by bus from 28 other cities. You can choose from 123 daily scheduled trips when you search for buses to Bucharest on Wanderu. FlixBus usually has the most buses on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Train tickets to Bucharest are also available..
Bus companies serving Bucharest
|Bus||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|FlixBus||38||1d 3h 4m||$128.96|
|Union Ivkoni||5||14h 28m||$69.56|
|Comati PSG||2||1d 3h 11m||$171.27|
First launched in Germany in 2013, FlixBus has become one of the largest intercity bus companies in Europe. Its fleet travels through nearly every country in Europe. On your trip, you'll enjoy Wi-Fi and live GPS, as well as restrooms, air conditioning, and power outlets.
Union Ivkoni was founded in Bulgaria in 1992 and quickly expanded its operations throughout Europe. Popular routes include both shorter travels within one country and long-haul international trips. Their reliable buses offer amenities to make your trip comfortable, including air conditioning, extra legroom, and power outlets.
Comati PSG is a coach company based in Romania that primarily operates from Bucharest to popular European destinations like Berlin, Budapest, and Prague. The coaches offer additional legroom, air conditioning, and amenities like USB charging ports, power outlets, WiFi, drinks, and restrooms. The buses make regular stops for food purchases, ensuring passenger comfort.
Frequently Asked Questions
The busiest bus station in Bucharest is Bucuresti Militari Bus Station. There are several other active stations in addition to this main station. The most popular bus stations in Bucharest are:
- Bucuresti Militari Bus Station
- Henri Coanda Airport
- Bucharest Militari Bus Station
Top bus routes to and from Bucharest
- bus from Rousse to Bucharest
- bus from Buzau to Bucharest
- bus from Bratislava to Bucharest
- bus from Munich to Bucharest
- bus from Sofia to Bucharest
- bus from Bucharest to Sofia
- bus from Bârlad to Bucharest
- bus from Tecuci to Bucharest
- bus from Turin to Bucharest
- bus from Paris to Bucharest
- bus from Bucharest to Bârlad
- bus from Razgrad to Bucharest
- bus from London to Bucharest
- bus from Bucharest to Focşani
- bus from Hamburg to Bucharest
- bus from Bucharest to Pleven
- bus from Berlin to Bucharest
- bus from Focşani to Bucharest
- bus from Varna to Bucharest
- bus from Frankfurt am Main to Bucharest
- bus from Bucharest to Budapest
- bus from Barcelona to Bucharest
- bus from Bucharest to Varna
- bus from Bucharest to Razgrad
- bus from Budapest to Bucharest
- bus from Bucharest to Braila
- bus from Athens to Bucharest
- bus from Shumen to Bucharest
- bus from Bucharest to Vaslui
- bus from Braila to Bucharest
- bus from Bucharest to Vienna
- bus from Milan to Bucharest
- bus from Amsterdam to Bucharest
- bus from Bucharest to Rousse
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.
Book buses and trains on the go with the Wanderu app.
Download our app and snag the best travel deals across North America & Europe.Learn more