Compare train tickets from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Saint-Gilles
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 36 daily trains from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Saint-Gilles. Traveling by train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Saint-Gilles usually takes around 8 hours and 45 minutes, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 5 hours and 12 minutes.
|Distance||281 mi (452 km)|
|Fastest train||5h 12m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn|
Which train should you take from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Saint-Gilles?
2 train services operate from Schwäbisch Gmünd, Baden-Württemberg to Saint-Gilles, Bruxelles-Capitale, Région de;Brussels Hoofdstedelijk Gewest. Deutsche Bahn usually has more trains scheduled, with 34 trips per day. That said, it's still worth comparing the prices and trip durations:
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||34||8h 55m||$227.18|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||2||6h 6m||$243.96|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Saint-Gilles during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Saint-Gilles?
The distance between Schwäbisch Gmünd and Saint-Gilles is approximately 281 miles, or 452 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 8 hours and 45 minutes, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 5 hours and 12 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Saint-Gilles are the most crowded on Saturday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Saturday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Schwäbisch Gmünd at 5:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 10:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Saint-Gilles?
There are 36 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Saint-Gilles to Schwäbisch Gmünd.
Where is the train station in Schwäbisch Gmünd?
There is one train station in Schwäbisch Gmünd.
Where is the train station in Saint-Gilles?
Saint-Gilles has one train station.
Need a return trip from Saint-Gilles to Schwäbisch Gmünd?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Schwäbisch Gmünd
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Heiterwang
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Brussels
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Prague Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Heidelberg Train
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Ravensburg
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Remshalden
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Deggendorf
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Reckendorf
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Cologne
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Paderborn
- Train from Schwäbisch Gmünd to Erfurt
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Gotha
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Budapest Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Luxembourg
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Apeldoorn
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Amsterdam Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Utrecht Train
- Schwäbisch Gmünd to Warsaw Train
Continue by train from Saint-Gilles
- Train from Saint-Gilles to Bühl
- Saint-Gilles to Heidelberg Train
- Saint-Gilles to Renningen Train
- Train from Saint-Gilles to Ingolstadt
- Train from Saint-Gilles to Plattling
- Train from Saint-Gilles to Regensburg
- Saint-Gilles to Reichenberg Train
- Train from Saint-Gilles to Rödental
- Train from Saint-Gilles to Bad Vilbel
- Train from Saint-Gilles to Kirchhain
- Train from Saint-Gilles to Messel
- Train from Saint-Gilles to Essen
- Train from Saint-Gilles to Hiddenhausen
- Train from Saint-Gilles to Mönchengladbach
- Train from Saint-Gilles to Birkweiler
- Saint-Gilles to Kiel
- Train from Saint-Gilles to Zwickau
- Saint-Gilles to Elxleben
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.