Search train tickets to Zurich
How to get to Zurich by train
|Trips per day||11,530|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Located in the heart of Europe, the Swiss capital lies at the northwestern tip of the eponymous Lake Zurich. This cosmopolitan city is buzzing year-round with vibrant city life, while the relaxing and peaceful Alps are less than an hour away.
Lake Zurich provides an elegant focal point of the city, with daily cruises available to explore this vast lake. Many chic cafes and restaurants are dotted along the banks, epitomizing Zurich's urban and cosmopolitan vibe.
The Old Town, or Altstadt, is arguably one of the city's most beautiful areas, characterized by winding cobblestone streets and medieval-style architecture. Here, you'll discover some of Zurich's most iconic landmarks, such as St Peter's church with its impossibly large clock face, the largest clock in Europe.
If the weather isn't suited to wandering, there are over 50 museums within Zurich to explore. Go traditional with the Swiss National Museum, or opt for something a bit more exhilarating at the FIFA Museum.
Zurich's airport is the largest in Switzerland, and it is just 10 kilometers from the city center. Several train carriers, including the German Deutsche Bahn network, operate routes to Zurich from across Europe. Long-distance buses also make it easy to reach Zurich from cities like Bern, Stuttgart, Munich, and Milan.
What train companies travel to Zurich, Switzerland?
Located in Switzerland, Zurich is accessible by train from 620 other cities. You can choose from 11530 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Zurich on Wanderu. Deutsche Bahn usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to Zurich are also available..
Train companies serving Zurich
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||574||6h 38m||$113.29|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||392||7h 16m||$139.02|
|DB Intercity-Express||182||6h 54m||$130.50|
|DB Intercity||79||4h 34m||$63.38|
|Bayerische Regiobahn||13||5h 56m||$155.33|
|DB Eurocity||13||5h 33m||$97.85|
|Non-federally owned railway company||3||2h 40m||$55.67|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Zurich?
$26.20 is the cheapest price for a train ticket to Zurich, according to recent searches on Wanderu. You can use our search to check if this price is currently available on buses from your city to Zurich. In the last month, trains from Lauchringen to Zurich had the lowest average price at $28.75. In general, these cities tend to have the cheapest trains to Zurich:
Where is the train station in Zurich, Switzerland?
The main train station in Zurich is Zürich HB. As the busiest station, it has the most train arrivals, although some trains may make other stops in and around Zurich.
What is the closest airport to Zurich, ZH?
Is Zurich a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Zurich?
How much do train tickets to Zurich cost?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Zurich?
Top train routes to and from Zurich
- train from Zurich to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Dortmund to Zurich
- train from Zurich to Münster
- train from Berlin to Zurich
- train from Zurich to Düsseldorf
- train from Albbruck to Zurich
- train from Bad Kreuznach to Zurich
- train from Stühlingen to Zurich
- train from Münster to Zurich
- train from Zurich to Freiburg
- train from Zurich to Stuttgart
- train from Zurich to Konstanz
- train from Wutöschingen to Zurich
- train from Zurich to Berlin
- train from Zurich to Essen
- train from Essen to Zurich
- train from Murg to Zurich
- train from Aschersleben to Zurich
- train from Zurich to Hamburg
- train from Zurich to Nuremberg
- train from Gottmadingen to Zurich
- train from Düsseldorf to Zurich
- train from Konstanz to Zurich
- train from Zurich to Cologne
- train from Zurich to Villingen-Schwenningen
- train from Zurich to Halle
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Zurich
- train from Zurich to Oberhausen
- train from Munich to Zurich
- train from Laufenburg to Zurich
- train from Lauchringen to Zurich
- train from Cologne to Zurich
- train from Zurich to Vienna
- train from Zurich to Lahr
- train from Zurich to Dortmund
- train from Zurich to Munich
- train from Zurich to Budapest
- train from Dogern to Zurich
- train from Zurich to Bielefeld
- train from Waldshut-Tiengen to Zurich
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.