Compare train tickets from San Juan Capistrano to South Bend
How much are train tickets from San Juan Capistrano to South Bend?
|Fastest train||51h 0m|
|Trains per day||4|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from San Juan Capistrano to South Bend during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
What is the price of a train ticket from San Juan Capistrano to South Bend?
In the last month, $231.41 was the average price of a train ticket from San Juan Capistrano, CA to South Bend, IN. Tickets are generally somewhat expensive for this particular train route, which is to be expected given the long distance. You are more likely to find a ticket at this price or lower if you book online in advance of your travel date.
How long is the train journey from San Juan Capistrano to South Bend?
The distance between San Juan Capistrano and South Bend is approximately 1800 miles, or 2895 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 63 hours, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 51 hours and 1 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from San Juan Capistrano to South Bend are the most crowded on Friday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Friday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs San Juan Capistrano at 3:00pm while the last train of the day leaves at 5:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from San Juan Capistrano to South Bend?
There are 4 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from South Bend to San Juan Capistrano.
Which train should you take from San Juan Capistrano to South Bend?
Amtrak is the one and only train line which connects San Juan Capistrano, California to South Bend, Indiana. However, there are 4 trains per day to choose from.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak||4||2d 15h 14m||$307.54|
Amtrak train tickets from San Juan Capistrano to South Bend start from $226, and on average cost $308. Daily there are 4 Amtrak schedules to South Bend. Amtrak in San Juan Capistrano leaves from 26701 Verdugo St, And in South Bend trains arrive at 2702 W Washington St, From San Juan Capistrano to South Bend train travel on Amtrak takes 63 hours and 14 minutes. If you are looking to get to South Bend faster, Amtrak offers more express schedule options with a travel time of 51 hours and 0 minutes.
Where is the train station in San Juan Capistrano?
There is one train station in San Juan Capistrano:
- 26701 Verdugo St
Where is the train station in South Bend?
South Bend has one train station:
- 2702 W Washington St
Plan your next adventure
More trains from San Juan Capistrano
- Train from San Juan Capistrano to Los Angeles
- Train from San Juan Capistrano to San Diego
- Train from San Juan Capistrano to Fort Morgan
- Train from San Juan Capistrano to Sebring
- San Juan Capistrano to Moline
- Train from San Juan Capistrano to Connersville
- Train from San Juan Capistrano to Fulton
- Train from San Juan Capistrano to Hammond
- Train from San Juan Capistrano to Framingham
- Train from San Juan Capistrano to Battle Creek
- Train from San Juan Capistrano to Independence
- Train from San Juan Capistrano to Minot
- San Juan Capistrano to Pennsauken
- San Juan Capistrano to Utica Train
- San Juan Capistrano to Norman
- San Juan Capistrano to The Dalles
- San Juan Capistrano to Florence Train
- San Juan Capistrano to Helper Train
Continue by train from South Bend
- South Bend to Tucson Train
- South Bend to San Diego
- Train from South Bend to San Francisco
- South Bend to Washington D.C. Train
- Train from South Bend to Tampa
- Train from South Bend to Champaign
- South Bend to Chicago Train
- Train from South Bend to Naperville
- Train from South Bend to Waterloo
- Train from South Bend to Baltimore
- South Bend to Kansas City Train
- South Bend to Raleigh Train
- Train from South Bend to Reno
- South Bend to Buffalo Train
- Train from South Bend to New York
- Train from South Bend to Harrisburg
- South Bend to Austin
- South Bend to Milwaukee