Compare train tickets from Iselin to Winston-Salem
How much are train tickets from Iselin to Winston-Salem?
|Fastest train||15h 0m|
|Trains per day||3|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Iselin to Winston-Salem during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
What is the price of a train ticket from Iselin to Winston-Salem?
In the last month, $153.34 was the average price of a train ticket from Iselin, NJ to Winston-Salem, NC. Tickets are generally somewhat expensive for this particular train route, which is to be expected given the long distance. You can expect to find tickets at that price or lower if you book your trip at least 13 days in advance. Otherwise, expect to pay around $40.22 more than that for a same-day booking.
How long is the train journey from Iselin to Winston-Salem?
The distance between Iselin and Winston-Salem is approximately 446 miles, or 717 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 16 hours, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 14 hours and 37 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Iselin to Winston-Salem are the most crowded on Saturday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Tuesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Iselin at 3:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 6:00am. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Iselin to Winston-Salem?
There are 3 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Winston-Salem to Iselin.
Which train should you take from Iselin to Winston-Salem?
Amtrak is the one and only train line which connects Iselin, New Jersey to Winston-Salem, North Carolina. However, there are 3 trains per day to choose from.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
Amtrak train tickets from Iselin to Winston-Salem start from $153, and on average cost $173. Daily there are 3 Amtrak schedules to Winston-Salem. Amtrak in Iselin leaves from 100 Middlesex Essex Tpke, And in Winston-Salem trains arrive at Transp Ctr - 100 W 5th St and one other train station. From Iselin to Winston-Salem train travel on Amtrak takes 15 hours and 47 minutes. If you are looking to get to Winston-Salem faster, Amtrak offers more express schedule options with a travel time of 15 hours and 0 minutes.
Where is the train station in Iselin?
There is one train station in Iselin:
- 100 Middlesex Essex Tpke
Where is the train station in Winston-Salem?
Winston-Salem receives travelers from Iselin at its two active train stations:
- Transp Ctr - 100 W 5th St
- PART bus stop - MLK JR Dr and Stadium Dr
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Iselin
- Iselin to Niagara Falls Train
- Iselin to Old Saybrook
- Train from Iselin to Windsor Locks
- Iselin to Washington D.C.
- Iselin to Wildwood Train
- Train from Iselin to Boston
- Iselin to Baltimore Train
- Iselin to Wilson Train
- Train from Iselin to Newark
- Train from Iselin to New York
- Iselin to Saratoga Springs Train
- Iselin to Middletown Train
- Train from Iselin to Philadelphia
- Train from Iselin to Columbia
- Train from Iselin to Culpeper
- Train from Iselin to Lynchburg
- Train from Iselin to Petersburg
- Train from Iselin to White Sulphur Springs
Continue by train from Winston-Salem
- Winston-Salem to Washington D.C. Train
- Train from Winston-Salem to Jacksonville
- Winston-Salem to Orlando Train
- Train from Winston-Salem to Baltimore
- Winston-Salem to Portland
- Winston-Salem to Burlington
- Winston-Salem to Charlotte Train
- Train from Winston-Salem to Durham
- Winston-Salem to Fayetteville
- Winston-Salem to Greensboro
- Winston-Salem to Raleigh Train
- Winston-Salem to Wilson Train
- Train from Winston-Salem to Newark
- Train from Winston-Salem to New York
- Train from Winston-Salem to Charlottesville
- Train from Winston-Salem to Richmond
- Winston-Salem to Virginia Beach Train
- Train from Winston-Salem to Williamsburg