Search train tickets to Freiburg
How to get to Freiburg by train
|Trips per day||5,214|
We partner with the top coach & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Freiburg im Breisgau, commonly called Freiburg, is a large city in the Baden-Wurttemberg state in the south of Germany. Sitting on the edge of the Black Forest, this city is home to one of Germany's oldest universities and a large Gothic-style cathedral in its reconstructed medieval old town.
Freiburg Cathedral originated as a Romanesque Church in the 13th century and took a full 300 years to complete. This cathedral is one of the most popular attractions in the city, and it's easy to see why. Hundreds of figures have been carved into the sandstone facade with impossible detail, and entry is free to walk through the even more impressive interior.
The Münsterplatz is another must while visiting the city. Although nearly destroyed in World War II, this cobblestone pedestrian square has been restored to display its many historic monuments, including the bold, red Historical Merchants' Hall. Market stalls populate this central square every day except for Sundays.
One of the unique features of Freiburg is the shallow waterways that flow along grooves in the streets in the Old Town. These brooks, or bächle, used to supply the city with drinking water from the Dreisam River but today host kids' boat races or splashes on hot days. Legend says that if you accidentally step in one, you will marry a local, so watch your step—or don't!
Experience Germany's incomparable rail network on a train to Freiburg, arriving at the Freiburg Hauptbahnhof. FlixBus and Sindbad also connect Freiburg to the rest of the country and several additional European cities like Zurich and Budapest.
What train companies travel to Freiburg, Germany?
Located in Germany, Freiburg is accessible by train from 160 other cities. You can choose from 5214 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Freiburg on Wanderu. Deutsche Bahn usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Coach tickets to Freiburg are also available..
Train companies serving Freiburg
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Freiburg?
Where is the train station in Freiburg, Germany?
The busiest train station in Freiburg is Freiburg-Littenweiler. There are several other active stations in addition to this main station. The most popular train stations in Freiburg are:
- Freiburg-St Georgen
Is Freiburg a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Freiburg?
How much do train tickets to Freiburg cost?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Freiburg?
Top train routes to and from Freiburg
- train from Freiburg to Strasbourg
- train from Zurich to Freiburg
- train from Zoetermeer to Freiburg
- train from Herbolzheim to Freiburg
- train from Salzburg to Freiburg
- train from Ringsheim to Freiburg
- train from Freiburg to Munich
- train from Freiburg to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Freiburg to Paris
- train from Schopfheim to Freiburg
- train from Vechta to Freiburg
- train from Freiburg to Cologne
- train from Freiburg to Hanover
- train from Freiburg to Hude
- train from Freiburg to Basel
- train from Amsterdam to Freiburg
- train from Freiburg to Morlanwelz
- train from Waldshut-Tiengen to Freiburg
- train from Freiburg to Hamburg
- train from Freiburg to Berlin
- train from Freiburg to Bremen
- train from Freiburg to Zurich
- train from Freiburg to Ingolstadt
- train from Freiburg to Milan
- train from Berlin to Freiburg
- train from Gutach to Freiburg
- train from Freiburg to Radolfzell
- train from Freiburg to Güstrow
- train from Haslach im Kinzigtal to Freiburg
- train from Freiburg to Venice
- train from Viersen to Freiburg
- train from Hamburg to Freiburg
- train from Triberg to Freiburg
- train from Arnhem to Freiburg
- train from Munich to Freiburg
- train from Villingen-Schwenningen to Freiburg
- train from Hengelo to Freiburg
- train from Freiburg to Stuttgart
- train from Freiburg to Emsdetten
- train from Lahr to Freiburg
Wanderu is the simplest way to book coach and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.