Search train tickets to Stuttgart
How to get to Stuttgart by train
|Trips per day||22,160|
We partner with the top coach & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Though less recognizable than other German cities like Munich or Berlin, Stuttgart is no less fascinating to visit. Plus, since it's less famous than other destinations, you might find more authentic culture and less touristy prices.
Your first stop should be Schlossplatz. This palace square is located right at the city center, in the shadow of the Baroque New Palace and the 10th-Century Old Palace. The square is a lively area, with events hosted year-round, most notably Stuttgart's Christmas market; check out our itinerary of 10 famous Christmas markets in Germany for more.
Got a car fan in your travel party? The famed Mercedes-Benz Museum celebrates the beloved German vehicle, and the Porsche Museum showcases legendary racing cars.
The Wilhelma Zoo and Botanical Garden will entice you with acres and acres of open spaces for everyone to enjoy, plus several thousands of different animal and plant species. It's on the grounds of another castle if you haven't seen enough German castles yet. Next, stop at the Markthalle to embrace your inner foodie and try a spread of international and local delicacies. The huge public market has over 33 stalls that offer all kinds of delicious goodies.
Deutsche Bahn, DB Intercity, and Railjet trains make it easy to reach Stuttgart from cities like Strasbourg, Zurich, and Frankfurt. Bus options abound, too, with FlixBus, Sindbad, Union Ivkoni and more providing routes in the area. Stuttgart Airport is only about 20 minutes outside of the city, so flying is definitely an option, too.
What train companies travel to Stuttgart, Germany?
Located in Germany, Stuttgart is accessible by train from 1291 other cities. You can choose from 22160 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Stuttgart on Wanderu. Deutsche Bahn usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Coach tickets to Stuttgart are also available..
Train companies serving Stuttgart
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||1181||4h 57m||£57.83|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||936||6h 10m||£61.63|
|DB Intercity-Express||353||4h 25m||£57.73|
|DB Intercity||189||3h 6m||£28.74|
|Non-federally owned railway company||82||5h 32m||£60.55|
|DB Eurocity||41||2h 32m||£30.35|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Stuttgart?
£4.12 is the cheapest price for a train ticket to Stuttgart, according to recent searches on Wanderu. You can use our search to check if this price is currently available on buses from your city to Stuttgart. In the last month, trains from Heidelberg to Stuttgart had the lowest average price at £5.06. In general, these cities tend to have the cheapest trains to Stuttgart:
Where is the train station in Stuttgart, Germany?
The busiest train station in Stuttgart is Train Station. There are several other active stations in addition to this main station. The most popular train stations in Stuttgart are:
- Train Station
What is the closest airport to Stuttgart, BW?
Is Stuttgart a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Stuttgart?
How much do train tickets to Stuttgart cost?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Stuttgart?
Top train routes to and from Stuttgart
- train from Coswig (Anhalt) to Stuttgart
- train from Stuttgart to Paris
- train from Stuttgart to Dülmen
- train from Stuttgart to Hamburg
- train from Stuttgart to Breda
- train from Stuttgart to Leipzig
- train from Stuttgart to Metzingen
- train from Böblingen to Stuttgart
- train from Paris to Stuttgart
- train from Stuttgart to Karlsruhe
- train from Nürtingen to Stuttgart
- train from Stuttgart to Essen
- train from Vaihingen an der Enz to Stuttgart
- train from Leipzig to Stuttgart
- train from Stuttgart to Munich
- train from Dortmund to Stuttgart
- train from Stuttgart to Prague
- train from Stuttgart to Bielefeld
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Stuttgart
- train from Stuttgart to Reutlingen
- train from Stuttgart to Dortmund
- train from Vienna to Stuttgart
- train from Hamburg to Stuttgart
- train from Siegen to Stuttgart
- train from Stuttgart to Split
- train from Illingen to Stuttgart
- train from Stuttgart to Cologne
- train from Stuttgart to Milan
- train from Munich to Stuttgart
- train from Stuttgart to Berlin
- train from Amsterdam to Stuttgart
- train from Stuttgart to Mannheim
- train from Oss to Stuttgart
- train from Metzingen to Stuttgart
- train from Stuttgart to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Sersheim to Stuttgart
- train from Bietigheim-Bissingen to Stuttgart
- train from Berlin to Stuttgart
- train from Essen to Stuttgart
- train from Stuttgart to Amsterdam
Wanderu is the simplest way to book coach and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.