Search train tickets to Munich
How to get to Munich by train
|Trips per day||12,946|
We partner with the top coach & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Boasting a quaint beauty that has withstood the test of time, Munich is a vibrant city where the old meets the new. One of the most noticeable events in the city is Oktoberfest. The festival is the largest beer festival in the world, and it is here that you can enjoy a huge variety of beers, as well as local specialties and themed entertainment. For those who want to learn more about the city’s architectural history, consider visiting the Church of Our Lady, which features two unique dome-topped towers, forming an eye-catching part of Munich’s skyline. If you simply wish to enjoy a stroll around town, the English Garden, with its signature Chinesischen Turm, will offer the reprieve you need.
Among the local favorites in the city are Spatenhaus and Haxnbauer, both of which serve authentic hearty Munich dishes. For a more affordable dinner, you could check out the beer gardens such as Seehaus Biergarten or Augustinerkeller.
München Hauptbahnhof, located at the center of Munich, is the principal train station in the city serving all Deutsche Bahn trains that pass through town. Munich’s Central Bus Station is located in the heart of the city, making it easy to catch a bus by FlixBus, BlaBlaCar Bus or Sindbad. The main airport is the Franz Josef Strauss International Airport, which lies 19 miles northeast of the city center.
Munich's central station, München Train Station, welcomes more than 450,000 passengers every day. The station was first built in 1839 and has been rebuilt and renovated numerous times. As a result, the current station spans numerous buildings and wings, each with its own architectural style. You can find all the necessary amenities such as public restrooms and waiting lounges in the station, and there are even shops for last-minute souvenir shopping! Many Deutsche Bahn and FlixTrain routes stop in Munich, heading to cities including Dresden, Berlin, and Cologne. The station is conveniently located just west of Munich's Old Town, with easy connections to the subway (U-Bahn) via the Hauptbanhof station in the same building.
Popular train stations in Munich:
München Train Station
München Central Station
What train companies travel to Munich, Germany?
Located in Germany, Munich is accessible by train from 964 other cities. You can choose from 12946 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Munich on Wanderu. Deutsche Bahn usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Coach tickets to Munich are also available..
Train companies serving Munich
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||860||5h 53m||£75.62|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||697||7h 45m||£78.68|
|DB Intercity-Express||300||5h 15m||£70.87|
|DB Intercity||107||3h 43m||£39.63|
|Non-federally owned railway company||76||5h 42m||£62.60|
|DB Eurocity||42||4h 20m||£45.20|
|Bayerische Regiobahn||6||4h 17m||£84.41|
Part of the FlixBus family, FlixTrain launched in 2018 to offer affordable and sustainable train travel in Germany. Its trains provide Wi-Fi, power outlets, air conditioning, onboard restrooms, and access to an entertainment portal full of movies, games, and music. In addition, each passenger gets a guaranteed seat, so you don't have to worry about standing in any aisles.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Munich?
Where is the train station in Munich, Germany?
The busiest train station in Munich is München Train Station. There are several other active stations in addition to this main station. The most popular train stations in Munich are:
- München Train Station
What is the closest airport to Munich, BY?
Is Munich a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Munich?
How much do train tickets to Munich cost?
What type of traveler does Munich attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Munich?
Top train routes to and from Munich
- train from Vienna to Munich
- train from Gmund am Tegernsee to Munich
- train from Dorfen to Munich
- train from Munich to Augsburg
- train from Munich to Vienna
- train from Munich to Prague
- train from Munich to Budapest
- train from Geltendorf to Munich
- train from Munich to Lindau
- train from Berlin to Munich
- train from Paris to Munich
- train from Amsterdam to Munich
- train from Strasbourg to Munich
- train from Copenhagen to Munich
- train from Prague to Munich
- train from Munich to London
- train from Munich to Salzburg
- train from Cologne to Munich
- train from Munich to Milan
- train from Munich to Drensteinfurt
- train from Munich to Nuremberg
- train from Zurich to Munich
- train from Munich to Zurich
- train from Dießen am Ammersee to Munich
- train from Munich to Paris
- train from Salzburg to Munich
- train from Munich to Brixen
- train from Munich to Cologne
- train from Munich to Amsterdam
- train from Iffeldorf to Munich
- train from Munich to Hamburg
- train from Warngau to Munich
- train from Munich to Hanover
- train from Munich to Innsbruck
- train from Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm to Munich
- train from Essen to Munich
- train from Bad Tölz to Munich
- train from Munich to Laudenbach
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Munich
- train from Munich to Berlin
Wanderu is the simplest way to book coach and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.