Search train tickets to Portsmouth
How to get to Portsmouth by train
|Trips per day||178|
We partner with the top coach & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Once a bustling seaport and now a popular summer holiday destination, Portsmouth, New Hampshire is well worth visiting. Just an hour and a half north of Boston, Portsmouth offers an exciting mix of unique history and contemporary experience.
Discover Portsmouth's history at the Strawbery Banke Museum and enjoy 10 acres worth of outdoor exhibits, consisting of tours of historic houses and buildings on their original foundations. Costumed actors will regale you with stories about each location.
For those interested in naval history, Portsmouth offers tours of the USS Albacore, a retired U.S. Navy submarine, as well as a gift shop for all your souvenir needs. Portsmouth is also home to hundreds of restaurants and cafes where you can taste local delicacies or world cuisine to refuel after a day of exploring.
Portsmouth is easily accessible by air, rail, road, and bus. Portsmouth International Airport offers several direct flights from various airports, while Boston's Logan Airport is only an hour south of the town. Amtrak's Downeaster travels to Portsmouth, with a gorgeous route during leaf-peeping season. C&J Bus Lines provide regular stops from Logan Airport and other cities.
What train companies travel to Portsmouth, New Hampshire?
Located in New Hampshire, Portsmouth is accessible by train from 101 other cities. You can choose from 178 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Portsmouth on Wanderu. Amtrak usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Coach tickets to Portsmouth are also available..
Train companies serving Portsmouth
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
Amtrak is the largest passenger railroad service in America, offering daily intercity trains to hundreds of destinations across the contiguous United States, as well as several cities in Canada. Every Amtrak train comes equipped with comfortable seats with extra legroom, as well as several four-seat areas with tables in the middle. In addition, each car has a freshly cleaned restroom, free WiFi and power outlets at every seat. There are also snack bars where you can purchase drinks or food during your journey.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Portsmouth?
Where is the train station in Portsmouth, NH?
The main train station in Portsmouth is Portsmouth Transp Ctr - 185 Grafton Rd. As the busiest station, it has the most train arrivals, although some trains may make other stops in and around Portsmouth.
What is the closest airport to Portsmouth, NH?
Is Portsmouth a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Portsmouth?
How much do train tickets to Portsmouth cost?
What type of traveler does Portsmouth attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Portsmouth?
Top train routes to and from Portsmouth
- train from New York to Portsmouth
- train from Portsmouth to Newark
- train from Portsmouth to Chicago
- train from South Kingstown to Portsmouth
- train from Atlanta to Portsmouth
- train from New Haven to Portsmouth
- train from Philadelphia to Portsmouth
- train from Stamford to Portsmouth
- train from Portsmouth to Hartford
- train from Rensselaer to Portsmouth
- train from Alexandria to Portsmouth
- train from Portsmouth to Boston
- train from Westerly to Portsmouth
- train from Newark to Portsmouth
- train from Old Saybrook to Portsmouth
- train from Washington to Portsmouth
- train from Portsmouth to Springfield
- train from Providence to Portsmouth
- train from Portsmouth to Bridgeport
- train from New Rochelle to Portsmouth
- train from Pittsfield to Portsmouth
- train from Portsmouth to Providence
- train from Bridgeport to Portsmouth
- train from Portsmouth to New Haven
- train from Portsmouth to Stamford
- train from Springfield to Portsmouth
- train from Portsmouth to Woodbridge
- train from Baltimore to Portsmouth
- train from Stonington to Portsmouth
- train from Portsmouth to Wilmington
- train from Portsmouth to Baltimore
- train from New London to Portsmouth
- train from Portsmouth to Washington
- train from Portsmouth to Philadelphia
- train from Portsmouth to Niagara Falls
- train from Portsmouth to Charlotte
- train from Portsmouth to New Rochelle
- train from Portsmouth to New York
- train from Portsmouth to Yonkers
- train from Portsmouth to Alexandria
Wanderu is the simplest way to book coach and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.