Compare train tickets from Northampton to White River Junction
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There is one daily train from Northampton to White River Junction. Traveling by train from Northampton to White River Junction usually takes around 2 hours, but some trains might arrive slightly earlier or later than scheduled.
|Distance||93 mi (150 km)|
|Fastest train||2h 0m|
|Trains per day||1|
|Most frequent service||Amtrak Vermonter|
Which train should you take from Northampton to White River Junction?
Amtrak Vermonter is the one and only train line which connects Northampton, Massachusetts to White River Junction, Vermont. Furthermore, there is only one train per day, so you will have to plan your travel around this limited availability. On the other hand, you won't have to spend a ton of time comparing a bunch of possible options.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak Vermonter||1||2h 18m||£36.04|
The Vermonter is an Amtrak passenger train that connects St. Albans, VT to Washington, D.C. by way of New York City. The journey is renowned for the beautiful scenic views that it presents as it passes through the Green Mountains and the Berkshires. Aboard the Vermonter, passengers can enjoy free WiFi, power outlets at every seat and extra legroom. You can also grab a bite to eat or enjoy a refreshing beverage from the train’s café. There are 1 Vermonter trains traveling from Northampton to White River Junction every day, with prices starting from £36.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Northampton to White River Junction during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Northampton to White River Junction?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Northampton to White River Junction are the most crowded on Thursday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Thursday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
Most days, there is only one train which leaves Northampton at 15:00 and arrives in White River Junction around 2 hours later.
Is there a direct train from Northampton to White River Junction?
Typically there is only one scheduled train per day. Luckily, this train will get you to White River Junction with direct service. While there might still be stops along the way, you will not need to switch trains.
You can also take a train for your return trip from White River Junction to Northampton.
Where is the train station in Northampton?
There is one train station in Northampton.
Where is the train station in White River Junction?
White River Junction has one train station.
Need a return trip from White River Junction to Northampton?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Northampton
- Train from Northampton to Bridgeport
- Train from Northampton to Hartford
- Train from Northampton to New Haven
- Train from Northampton to Stamford
- Northampton to Washington D.C.
- Train from Northampton to Boston
- Train from Northampton to Greenfield
- Train from Northampton to Springfield
- Train from Northampton to Worcester
- Northampton to Baltimore Train
- Train from Northampton to Newark
- Train from Northampton to New York
- Train from Northampton to Philadelphia
- Northampton to Providence
- Northampton to Brattleboro Train
- Northampton to Essex Junction Train
- Northampton to Montpelier Train
- Northampton to St Albans City Train
Continue by train from White River Junction
- White River Junction to Bridgeport
- White River Junction to Hartford Train
- Train from White River Junction to New Haven
- Train from White River Junction to New London
- Train from White River Junction to Stamford
- Train from White River Junction to Washington D.C.
- White River Junction to Wilmington
- Train from White River Junction to Boston
- White River Junction to Northampton
- White River Junction to Springfield Train
- Train from White River Junction to Baltimore
- White River Junction to Newark
- Train from White River Junction to New York
- White River Junction to Philadelphia Train
- Train from White River Junction to Providence
- White River Junction to Bellows Falls Train
- Train from White River Junction to Brattleboro
- White River Junction to Waterbury
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.