Compare train tickets from Zell am See to Freilassing
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 29 daily trains from Zell am See to Freilassing. Traveling by train from Zell am See to Freilassing usually takes around 3 hours, but the fastest DB Eurocity train can make the trip in one hour and 51 minutes.
|Distance||37 mi (59 km)|
|Fastest train||2h 0m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company|
Which train should you take from Zell am See to Freilassing?
There are 4 train lines with service from Zell am See, to Freilassing, Bavaria. Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company is the most popular choice with travelers, offering scheduled service on 13 trains each day.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|DB Eurocity||1||1h 51m||$39.59|
|Deutsche Bahn||9||2h 37m||$34.65|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||13||3h 6m||$40.56|
|Non-federally owned railway company||6||2h 19m||$34.65|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Zell am See to Freilassing during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Zell am See to Freilassing?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Zell am See to Freilassing are the most crowded on Monday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Saturday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Zell am See at 12:00pm while the last train of the day leaves at 8:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Zell am See to Freilassing?
There are 29 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Freilassing to Zell am See.
Where is the train station in Zell am See?
There is one train station in Zell am See.
Where is the train station in Freilassing?
Freilassing receives travelers from Zell am See at its two active train stations.
Train stations in Freilassing:
Need a return trip from Freilassing to Zell am See?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Zell am See
- Train from Zell am See to Schönefeld
- Train from Zell am See to Stuttgart
- Train from Zell am See to Berchtesgaden
- Train from Zell am See to Erding
- Zell am See to Haar Train
- Train from Zell am See to Munich
- Zell am See to Passau Train
- Zell am See to Ruhstorf an der Rott Train
- Train from Zell am See to Schwaig
- Train from Zell am See to Bergisch Gladbach
- Zell am See to Bornheim Train
- Zell am See to Brühl
- Train from Zell am See to Duisburg
- Train from Zell am See to Kaarst
- Zell am See to Leverkusen Train
- Train from Zell am See to Neuss
- Train from Zell am See to Pulheim
- Zell am See to Rösrath
Continue by train from Freilassing
- Freilassing to Bad Aussee Train
- Freilassing to Golling an der Salzach Train
- Train from Freilassing to Hall in Tirol
- Freilassing to Seekirchen am Wallersee Train
- Freilassing to Geneva
- Train from Freilassing to Prague
- Train from Freilassing to Fürth
- Train from Freilassing to Munich
- Freilassing to Prien am Chiemsee
- Freilassing to Darmstadt Train
- Train from Freilassing to Frankfurt am Main
- Train from Freilassing to Hamburg
- Train from Freilassing to Haßloch
- Train from Freilassing to Löbau
- Freilassing to Erfurt Train
- Train from Freilassing to Paris
- Train from Freilassing to Vinkovci
- Freilassing to Venice Train
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.