Compare train tickets from Heidelberg to Esslingen am Neckar
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 80 daily trains from Heidelberg to Esslingen am Neckar. Traveling by train from Heidelberg to Esslingen am Neckar usually takes around 2 hours, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in one hour and 25 minutes.
|Distance||54 mi (87 km)|
|Fastest train||1h 0m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn|
Which train should you take from Heidelberg to Esslingen am Neckar?
Deutsche Bahn is the one and only train line which connects Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg to Esslingen am Neckar, Baden-Württemberg. However, there are 80 trains per day to choose from.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||80||1h 49m||$38.91|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Heidelberg to Esslingen am Neckar during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Heidelberg to Esslingen am Neckar?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Heidelberg to Esslingen am Neckar are the most crowded on Wednesday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Wednesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Heidelberg at 1:00pm while the last train of the day leaves at 11:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Heidelberg to Esslingen am Neckar?
There are 80 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Esslingen am Neckar to Heidelberg.
Where is the train station in Heidelberg?
There are two stations in Heidelberg where you can board the train to Esslingen am Neckar.
Train stations in Heidelberg:
Where is the train station in Esslingen am Neckar?
Esslingen am Neckar receives travelers from Heidelberg at its two active train stations.
Train stations in Esslingen am Neckar:
Need a return trip from Esslingen am Neckar to Heidelberg?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Heidelberg
- Train from Heidelberg to Hall in Tirol
- Train from Heidelberg to Schönberg im Stubaital
- Train from Heidelberg to Seekirchen am Wallersee
- Train from Heidelberg to Herstal
- Heidelberg to Biberach an der Riss Train
- Train from Heidelberg to Ravensburg
- Heidelberg to Vogtsburg
- Train from Heidelberg to Warthausen
- Heidelberg to Erlangen
- Train from Heidelberg to Plattling
- Heidelberg to Korbach Train
- Heidelberg to Lampertheim
- Heidelberg to Peine Train
- Train from Heidelberg to Sankt Augustin
- Train from Heidelberg to Koblenz
- Heidelberg to Lübeck Train
- Train from Heidelberg to Jena
- Heidelberg to Zandvoort Train
Continue by train from Esslingen am Neckar
- Train from Esslingen am Neckar to Brussels
- Esslingen am Neckar to Engis Train
- Train from Esslingen am Neckar to Prague
- Esslingen am Neckar to Göppingen Train
- Train from Esslingen am Neckar to Heidelberg
- Train from Esslingen am Neckar to Meckenbeuren
- Esslingen am Neckar to Wannweil
- Train from Esslingen am Neckar to Cremlingen
- Esslingen am Neckar to Leer Train
- Train from Esslingen am Neckar to Eschweiler
- Train from Esslingen am Neckar to Frechen
- Esslingen am Neckar to Insheim Train
- Train from Esslingen am Neckar to Wörth am Rhein
- Train from Esslingen am Neckar to Burkhardtsdorf
- Train from Esslingen am Neckar to Frederikshavn
- Esslingen am Neckar to Metz
- Esslingen am Neckar to Apeldoorn Train
- Train from Esslingen am Neckar to Borne
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.