Compare train tickets from Wernigerode to Groningen
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 139 daily trains from Wernigerode to Groningen. Traveling by train from Wernigerode to Groningen usually takes around 8 hours, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company train can make the trip in 6 hours and 4 minutes.
|Distance||201 mi (324 km)|
|Fastest train||6h 0m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company|
Train service from Wernigerode to Groningen
- DB Intercity tickets: C$87 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn tickets: C$50 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company tickets: C$43 one-way
Which train should you take from Wernigerode to Groningen?
There are 3 train lines with service from Wernigerode, Saxony-Anhalt to Groningen, Groningen. Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company is the most popular choice with travelers, offering scheduled service on 119 trains each day.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|DB Intercity||6||7h 14m||$86.43|
|Deutsche Bahn||14||12h 15m||$61.68|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||119||7h 46m||$75.74|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Wernigerode to Groningen during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Wernigerode to Groningen?
The distance between Wernigerode and Groningen is approximately 201 miles, or 324 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 8 hours, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 6 hours and 4 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Wernigerode to Groningen are the most crowded on Tuesday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Tuesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Wernigerode at 5:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 11:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Wernigerode to Groningen?
There are 139 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
Where is the train station in Wernigerode?
There are two stations in Wernigerode where you can board the train to Groningen.
Train stations in Wernigerode:
Where is the train station in Groningen?
There are more train stations and stops in Groningen than most cities. Most trains from Wernigerode will stop at one (or more) of the 3 following stations in Groningen:
Train stations in Groningen:
Need a return trip from Groningen to Wernigerode?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Wernigerode
- Wernigerode to Klagenfurt Train
- Train from Wernigerode to Vienna
- Wernigerode to Antwerp Train
- Train from Wernigerode to Heidelberg
- Wernigerode to Aichach Train
- Train from Wernigerode to Wiesbaden
- Wernigerode to Frechen Train
- Wernigerode to Münster Train
- Wernigerode to Wuppertal Train
- Wernigerode to Kaiserslautern
- Wernigerode to Engelbrechtsche Wildnis Train
- Train from Wernigerode to Kiel
- Train from Wernigerode to Milan
- Wernigerode to Eindhoven Train
- Train from Wernigerode to Rotterdam
- Wernigerode to Voorburg
- Wernigerode to Wrocław Train
- Train from Wernigerode to Bratislava
Continue by train from Groningen
- Groningen to Gottenheim Train
- Groningen to Schwäbisch Gmünd Train
- Groningen to Stuttgart Train
- Groningen to Villingen-Schwenningen Train
- Train from Groningen to Passau
- Groningen to Bad Hersfeld
- Train from Groningen to Hamburg
- Groningen to Cammin Train
- Train from Groningen to Cuxhaven
- Train from Groningen to Dörpen
- Train from Groningen to Oldenburg
- Groningen to Peine
- Groningen to Alsdorf Train
- Train from Groningen to Ratingen
- Groningen to Solingen Train
- Train from Groningen to Idar-Oberstein
- Train from Groningen to Pöhl
- Train from Groningen to Aschersleben
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.