Compare train tickets from Salt Lake City to South Shore
How much are train tickets from Salt Lake City to South Shore?
|Fastest train||48h 15m|
|Trains per day||1|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Salt Lake City to South Shore during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
What is the price of a train ticket from Salt Lake City to South Shore?
In the last month, $217.63 was the average price of a train ticket from Salt Lake City, UT to South Shore, KY. Tickets are generally somewhat expensive for this particular train route, which is to be expected given the long distance. You are more likely to find a ticket at this price or lower if you book online in advance of your travel date.
How long is the train journey from Salt Lake City to South Shore?
The distance between Salt Lake City and South Shore is approximately 1538 miles, or 2474 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 48 hours and 15 minutes,
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Salt Lake City to South Shore are the most crowded on Thursday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Thursday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
Most days, there is only one train which leaves Salt Lake City at 3:00am and arrives in South Shore around 48 hours later.
Is there a direct train from Salt Lake City to South Shore?
Typically there is only one scheduled train per day. However, it is not a direct train. This means that you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train at some point during your journey. You will need to remember to bring your carry-on luggage with you when you transfer trains. Depending on the carrier's policy, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from South Shore to Salt Lake City.
Which train should you take from Salt Lake City to South Shore?
Amtrak is the one and only train line which connects Salt Lake City, Utah to South Shore, Kentucky. Furthermore, there is only one train per day, so you will have to plan your travel around this limited availability. On the other hand, you won't have to spend a ton of time comparing a bunch of possible options.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak||1||2d 0h 15m||$217.63|
Amtrak train tickets from Salt Lake City to South Shore start from $218, and on average cost $218. Daily there are 1 Amtrak schedules to South Shore. Amtrak in Salt Lake City leaves from 340 S 600 W, And in South Shore trains arrive at Main St and US-23, From Salt Lake City to South Shore train travel on Amtrak takes 48 hours and 15 minutes.
Where is the train station in Salt Lake City?
There is one train station in Salt Lake City:
- 340 S 600 W
Where is the train station in South Shore?
South Shore has one train station:
- Main St and US-23
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Salt Lake City
- Train from Salt Lake City to Los Angeles
- Salt Lake City to Sacramento
- Train from Salt Lake City to San Francisco
- Salt Lake City to Colorado Springs Train
- Salt Lake City to Denver Train
- Salt Lake City to Chicago Train
- Salt Lake City to Boston
- Train from Salt Lake City to Kansas City
- Train from Salt Lake City to St Louis
- Train from Salt Lake City to Omaha
- Salt Lake City to Las Vegas Train
- Train from Salt Lake City to Reno
- Train from Salt Lake City to New York
- Salt Lake City to Portland Train
- Salt Lake City to Houston
- Train from Salt Lake City to Green River
- Train from Salt Lake City to Helper
- Train from Salt Lake City to Seattle
Continue by train from South Shore
- Train from South Shore to Gasquet
- South Shore to Los Angeles
- South Shore to Washington D.C.
- South Shore to Orlando
- South Shore to Davenport Train
- South Shore to Boise
- Train from South Shore to Alton
- Train from South Shore to Chicago
- Train from South Shore to Dowagiac
- South Shore to Jackson Train
- Train from South Shore to St Joseph
- South Shore to Kansas City Train
- Train from South Shore to New York
- Train from South Shore to Cincinnati
- Train from South Shore to Toledo
- South Shore to Portland Train
- South Shore to Temple Train
- South Shore to White Sulphur Springs Train