Search train tickets to South Bend
How to get to South Bend by train
|Trips per day||114|
We partner with the top coach & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
South Bend is quite a small city in Indiana, but this town offers plenty of beautiful landmarks and outdoor activities that will keep you captivated. When visiting South Bend, don't miss the Century Center, which not only hosts some of the best exhibitions in town but also boasts a great view towards the nearby St Joseph River, making it a particularly photogenic spot. The North/South Continental Divide is one particular point of interest, just a bit further down the US 20 bypass. Immerse yourself in nature at Shiojiri Niwa, a Japanese garden with more than twenty different large plants.
Though a small town, South Bend still has plenty of great dining options on its plate. For the best locally sourced burgers and a killer view of the river, check out Oaken Bucket Restaurant. If you can splurge a little bit, LaSalle Grill offers some of the finest dishes in town!
South Bend is a convenient location to reach from anywhere in the Midwest, with several bus stations in the city and Amtrak service stopping at a station close to downtown. In addition, South Bend International Airport is very close to the city and offers flights to domestic and international destinations.
The South Bend Amtrak Station opened more than 50 years ago. In 1970, the Chicago South Shore and South Bend Railroad constructed the station, and South Shore Line was the main rail provider until 1992. Located in the cultural hub of "Michiana," the station is near the Notre Dame University campus. Today, the South Bend Station is served by Amtrak's Lake Shore Limited and Capitol Limited lines, connecting South Bend with New York City, Boston, Chicago, and Washington, D.C. The practical one-story concrete block station is painted a vivid, deep blue. Passengers can wait for trains on the spacious porch beside the tracks. A small shelter is also accessible on the adjacent platform.
Popular train stations in South Bend:
2702 W Washington St
What train companies travel to South Bend, Indiana?
Located in Indiana, South Bend is accessible by train from 31 other cities. You can choose from 114 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to South Bend on Wanderu. Amtrak usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Coach tickets to South Bend are also available..
Train companies serving South Bend
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to South Bend?
Where is the train station in South Bend, IN?
The main train station in South Bend is 2702 W Washington St. As the busiest station, it has the most train arrivals, although some trains may make other stops in and around South Bend.
Which train service has the best service to South Bend?
What is the closest airport to South Bend, IN?
Is South Bend a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of South Bend?
How much do train tickets to South Bend cost?
What type of traveler does South Bend attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of South Bend?
Top train routes to and from South Bend
- train from South Bend to Philadelphia
- train from South Bend to Indianapolis
- train from South Bend to Chicago
- train from Indianapolis to South Bend
- train from South Bend to Depew
- train from South Bend to Cleveland
- train from South Bend to Elkhart
- train from Erie to South Bend
- train from South Bend to Madison
- train from Waterloo to South Bend
- train from South Bend to Erie
- train from Depew to South Bend
- train from Philadelphia to South Bend
- train from Elkhart to South Bend
- train from Los Angeles to South Bend
- train from South Bend to New York
- train from Hammond to South Bend
- train from Washington to South Bend
- train from South Bend to Denver
- train from Niles to South Bend
- train from South Bend to Pittsburgh
- train from South Bend to St Louis
- train from South Bend to Los Angeles
- train from New Buffalo to South Bend
- train from South Bend to Detroit
- train from Dowagiac to South Bend
- train from Pittsburgh to South Bend
- train from Kalamazoo to South Bend
- train from South Bend to Boston
- train from South Bend to Alexandria
- train from Chicago to South Bend
- train from South Bend to Milwaukee
- train from South Bend to Washington
- train from Cleveland to South Bend
- train from South Bend to Seattle
- train from New York to South Bend
- train from Syracuse to South Bend
- train from South Bend to Vancouver
- train from Alexandria to South Bend
- train from Boston to South Bend
Wanderu is the simplest way to book coach and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.