Compare train tickets from Grand Junction to South Bend
How much are train tickets from Grand Junction to South Bend?
|Fastest train||32h 46m|
|Trains per day||3|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Grand Junction to South Bend during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
What is the price of a train ticket from Grand Junction to South Bend?
In the last month, £94.63 was the average price of a train ticket from Grand Junction, CO to South Bend, IN. Tickets are generally somewhat expensive for this particular train route, which is to be expected given the long distance. You are more likely to find a ticket at this price or lower if you book online in advance of your travel date.
How long is the train journey from Grand Junction to South Bend?
The distance between Grand Junction and South Bend is approximately 1184 miles, or 1906 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 34 hours and 39 minutes, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 32 hours and 46 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Grand Junction to South Bend are the most crowded on Saturday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Saturday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Grand Junction at 10:00 while the last train of the day leaves at 10:00. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Grand Junction to South Bend?
There are 3 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from South Bend to Grand Junction. If you're not not set on traveling by train, you could always take the bus from Grand Junction to South Bend for £141.22.
Which train should you take from Grand Junction to South Bend?
Amtrak is the one and only train line which connects Grand Junction, Colorado to South Bend, Indiana. However, there are 3 trains per day to choose from.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak||3||1d 10h 40m||£94.63|
Amtrak train tickets from Grand Junction to South Bend start from £95, and on average cost £95. Daily there are 3 Amtrak schedules to South Bend. Amtrak in Grand Junction leaves from 339 S 1st St, And in South Bend trains arrive at 2702 W Washington St, From Grand Junction to South Bend train travel on Amtrak takes 34 hours and 40 minutes. If you are looking to get to South Bend faster, Amtrak offers more express schedule options with a travel time of 32 hours and 46 minutes.
Where is the train station in Grand Junction?
There is one train station in Grand Junction:
- 339 S 1st St
Where is the train station in South Bend?
South Bend has one train station:
- 2702 W Washington St
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Grand Junction
- Train from Grand Junction to Vancouver
- Train from Grand Junction to Hayward
- Grand Junction to Richmond Train
- Grand Junction to San Luis Obispo
- Grand Junction to Denver Train
- Train from Grand Junction to Glenwood Springs
- Grand Junction to Lamar Train
- Train from Grand Junction to Trinidad
- Grand Junction to Champaign Train
- Train from Grand Junction to Waterloo
- Grand Junction to Shreveport Train
- Train from Grand Junction to Fargo
- Grand Junction to Mineola Train
- Train from Grand Junction to Salt Lake City
- Grand Junction to Fredericksburg Train
- Grand Junction to Centralia
- Train from Grand Junction to Green Bay
- Grand Junction to Madison
Continue by train from South Bend
- South Bend to Toronto Train
- Train from South Bend to Colorado Springs
- South Bend to Washington D.C. Train
- South Bend to Chicago Train
- South Bend to Indianapolis Train
- South Bend to New Orleans Train
- Train from South Bend to Baltimore
- South Bend to Saint Paul Train
- South Bend to Newark Train
- Train from South Bend to Las Vegas
- Train from South Bend to New York
- Train from South Bend to Niagara Falls
- South Bend to Rochester
- South Bend to Syracuse
- South Bend to Cleveland Train
- South Bend to Houston Train
- Train from South Bend to Seattle
- South Bend to Milwaukee