Search train tickets to Kiel
How to get to Kiel by train
|Trips per day||4,155|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Kiel is a port city on the coast of the Baltic Sea, known for its role in WWII as the base of Germany's submarine fleet. Large ferries transport visitors from Scandinavia into the city. So, if you're ready to discover Kiel, start at its harbor. Right on the waterfront, the Kiellinie is a promenade that begins at Schlossgarten and ends at Hindenburgufer. It is filled with sailing clubs, cafes, restaurants, and even a small aquarium.
For more water-based attractions, check out the Kiel Canal, a manufactured canal that runs from the Baltic Sea to the North Sea. In nearby Holtenau, you can watch ships pass through the locks and learn more in a small museum devoted to the canal.
If you want to experience Kiel's history, then the Schiffahrtsmuseum is a must-see. This maritime museum is appropriately located where Kiel's fish market used to be. Paintings, installations, and even ships showcase the city's legacy in the maritime industry.
There is definitely a lot to see, do, and experience in Kiel. To get to the city, you can ride Deutsche Bahn, DB Intercity, or FlixTrain. There are also a few buses serving the area, such as FlixBus and Sindbad. The nearest airport is about an hour south in Hamburg.
What train companies travel to Kiel, Germany?
Located in Germany, Kiel is accessible by train from 132 other cities. You can choose from 4155 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Kiel on Wanderu. Deutsche Bahn usually has the most trains on any given day.
Train companies serving Kiel
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Kiel?
Where is the train station in Kiel, Germany?
The busiest train station in Kiel is Kiel-Elmschenhagen. There are several other active stations in addition to this main station. The most popular train stations in Kiel are:
Is Kiel a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Kiel?
How much do train tickets to Kiel cost?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Kiel?
Top train routes to and from Kiel
- train from Kiel to Amsterdam
- train from Bregenz to Kiel
- train from Kiel to Berlin
- train from Brno to Kiel
- train from Kiel to Almere
- train from Kiel to Dresden
- train from Cologne to Kiel
- train from Düsseldorf to Kiel
- train from Kiel to Bremen
- train from Rødekro to Kiel
- train from Gronau to Kiel
- train from Flensburg to Kiel
- train from Kiel to Hanover
- train from Kiel to Hamburg
- train from Weiden to Kiel
- train from Hamburg to Kiel
- train from Dresden to Kiel
- train from Schwerin to Kiel
- train from Kiel to Cologne
- train from Kiel to Kempten
- train from Pinneberg to Kiel
- train from Berlin to Kiel
- train from Kiel to Nienburg
- train from Wedel to Kiel
- train from Kiel to Vienna
- train from Kiel to Warsaw
- train from Kiel to Barendrecht
- train from Kiel to Ulm
- train from Kiel to Munich
- train from Capelle aan den IJssel to Kiel
- train from Munich to Kiel
- train from Kiel to Salzburg
- train from Kiel to Paris
- train from Aabenraa to Kiel
- train from Kiel to Copenhagen
- train from Marktredwitz to Kiel
- train from Kiel to Stuttgart
- train from Aalen to Kiel
- train from Seevetal to Kiel
- train from Kiel to Saalfeld
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.