Search train tickets to Stockholm
How to get to Stockholm by train
|Trips per day||808|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Sitting atop an archipelago that leads to the Baltic Sea, Stockholm is one of the most beautiful cities in the Scandinavian countries. Boasting several rivers, waterways, and islands, the city offers many scenic locations for curious tourists. One of the city’s star attractions is the famous Old Town quarter, which was founded in 1252. The area features cobblestone streets as well as winding alleyways and colorful quaint houses with characteristic Scandinavian architecture. If you are interested in some history lessons, check out the Vasa Museum, which is completely housed in a sunken warship. For nature-lovers, don’t hesitate to visit Djurgården, which is an island located close to the city center and reachable by ferries. The island is a big green oasis that boasts a wide range of activities such as hiking, strolling, and picnicking.
Some of the most notable restaurants in Stockholm include Stockholm Gastabud and Agrikultur, both of which offer authentic Swedish dishes. For fusion dishes, don’t hesitate to check out Frantzen.
Stockholm Central Station is the principal hub for both bus and train travel in and out of the city, offering access to other Swedish, Norwegian, and Danish destinations. The main airport is the Stockholm Arlanda Airport, 23 miles north of Stockholm.
Stockholm Central is a large transit complex and the center of railway transportation services in Stockholm. The palatial station first opened in 1871, and while its historic facade has been maintained, the station's interior has modernized significantly. If you take the metro from Central, don't miss the vivid murals in the subway tunnels. Besides the local metro, the station serves long-distance trains and commuter trains, plus intercity bus service from the adjacent Cityterminalen stop. The sprawling complex includes a wide shopping hall under arched ceilings, restaurants, luggage lockers, restrooms, and plenty of seating. Be sure to arrive with plenty of extra time to find your platform in the massive station while gawking at some of the architecture along the way.
Popular train stations in Stockholm:
What train companies travel to Stockholm, Sweden?
Located in Sweden, Stockholm is accessible by train from 81 other cities. You can choose from 808 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Stockholm on Wanderu. Arlanda Express usually has the most trains on any given day.
Train companies serving Stockholm
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||68||17h 58m||$168.83|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||43||18h 35m||$163.68|
|DB Intercity||5||12h 30m||$214.30|
|Arlanda Express||1||0h 21m||$38.87|
Part of the FlixBus family, FlixTrain launched in 2018 to offer affordable and sustainable train travel in Germany. Its trains provide Wi-Fi, power outlets, air conditioning, onboard restrooms, and access to an entertainment portal full of movies, games, and music. In addition, each passenger gets a guaranteed seat, so you don't have to worry about standing in any aisles.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Stockholm?
Where is the train station in Stockholm, Sweden?
The busiest train station in Stockholm is Terminalslingan 1. As Stockholm's main station, it has the most trains coming and going. However, a popular alternative is Stockholm Central.
What is the closest airport to Stockholm, AB?
Is Stockholm a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Stockholm?
How much do train tickets to Stockholm cost?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Stockholm?
Top train routes to and from Stockholm
- train from Stockholm to Hanover
- train from Hanover to Stockholm
- train from Greifswald to Stockholm
- train from Stralsund to Stockholm
- train from Mannheim to Stockholm
- train from Rostock to Stockholm
- train from Stockholm to Gothenburg
- train from Munich to Stockholm
- train from Hamburg to Stockholm
- train from Magdeburg to Stockholm
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Stockholm
- train from Flensburg to Stockholm
- train from Stockholm to Bochum
- train from Stockholm to Munich
- train from Stockholm to Heidelberg
- train from Stockholm to Aachen
- train from Stockholm to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Gothenburg to Stockholm
- train from Rheine to Stockholm
- train from Stockholm to Mannheim
- train from Stuttgart to Stockholm
- train from Stockholm to Halle
- train from Stockholm to Berlin
- train from Stockholm to Ulm
- train from Berlin to Stockholm
- train from Freiburg to Stockholm
- train from Darmstadt to Stockholm
- train from Märsta to Stockholm
- train from Stockholm to Kassel
- train from Stockholm to Cologne
- train from Stockholm to Bruchsal
- train from Halstenbek to Stockholm
- train from Falköping to Stockholm
- train from Stockholm to Oldenburg
- train from Stockholm to Mainz
- train from Stockholm to Märsta
- train from Stockholm to Saarbrücken
- train from Stockholm to Hamburg
- train from Groß Kiesow to Stockholm
- train from Stockholm to Bremen
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.