Compare train tickets from Heidelberg to Neuhausen am Rheinfall
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 63 daily trains from Heidelberg to Neuhausen am Rheinfall. Traveling by train from Heidelberg to Neuhausen am Rheinfall usually takes around 5 hours and 13 minutes, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 3 hours and 48 minutes.
|Distance||119 mi (191 km)|
|Fastest train||3h 48m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn|
Which train should you take from Heidelberg to Neuhausen am Rheinfall?
2 train services operate from Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg to Neuhausen am Rheinfall, Canton of Schaffhausen. Deutsche Bahn usually has more trains scheduled, with 60 trips per day. That said, it's still worth comparing the prices and trip durations:
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||60||5h 14m||$83.29|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||3||5h 0m||$59.11|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Heidelberg to Neuhausen am Rheinfall during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Heidelberg to Neuhausen am Rheinfall?
The distance between Heidelberg and Neuhausen am Rheinfall is approximately 119 miles, or 191 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 5 hours and 13 minutes, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 3 hours and 48 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Heidelberg to Neuhausen am Rheinfall are the most crowded on Wednesday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Wednesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Heidelberg at 12:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 9:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Heidelberg to Neuhausen am Rheinfall?
There are 63 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Neuhausen am Rheinfall to Heidelberg. If you're not not set on traveling by train, you could always take the bus from Heidelberg to Neuhausen am Rheinfall for $25.59.
Where is the train station in Heidelberg?
Heidelberg has 3 stations where passengers can board the train to Neuhausen am Rheinfall.
Train stations in Heidelberg:
Where is the train station in Neuhausen am Rheinfall?
Neuhausen am Rheinfall has one train station.
Need a return trip from Neuhausen am Rheinfall to Heidelberg?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Heidelberg
- Train from Heidelberg to Ostend
- Train from Heidelberg to Romanshorn
- Train from Heidelberg to Ostrava
- Train from Heidelberg to Dettingen unter Teck
- Train from Heidelberg to Hechingen
- Train from Heidelberg to Loerrach
- Train from Heidelberg to Bischofsheim
- Train from Heidelberg to Eltville
- Train from Heidelberg to Romrod
- Train from Heidelberg to Nörten-Hardenberg
- Heidelberg to Osterode Train
- Train from Heidelberg to Duisburg
- Train from Heidelberg to Sierksdorf
- Heidelberg to Saarbrücken Train
- Heidelberg to Silkeborg
- Train from Heidelberg to Rovereto
- Heidelberg to Deventer
- Train from Heidelberg to Enschede
Continue by train from Neuhausen am Rheinfall
- Train from Neuhausen am Rheinfall to Berlin
- Neuhausen am Rheinfall to Allensbach
- Train from Neuhausen am Rheinfall to Eutingen im Gäu
- Train from Neuhausen am Rheinfall to Horb am Neckar
- Train from Neuhausen am Rheinfall to Loerrach
- Train from Neuhausen am Rheinfall to Schopfloch
- Neuhausen am Rheinfall to Singen
- Neuhausen am Rheinfall to Stuttgart Train
- Train from Neuhausen am Rheinfall to Überlingen
- Neuhausen am Rheinfall to Garmisch-Partenkirchen Train
- Train from Neuhausen am Rheinfall to Munich
- Neuhausen am Rheinfall to Nuremberg Train
- Train from Neuhausen am Rheinfall to Rammingen
- Train from Neuhausen am Rheinfall to Frankfurt am Main
- Neuhausen am Rheinfall to Göttingen Train
- Neuhausen am Rheinfall to Petershagen Train
- Neuhausen am Rheinfall to Chemnitz Train
- Neuhausen am Rheinfall to Leipzig
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.