Compare train tickets from Frankfurt am Main to Bratislava
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 45 daily trains from Frankfurt am Main to Bratislava. Traveling by train from Frankfurt am Main to Bratislava usually takes around 9 hours and 50 minutes, but the fastest DB Intercity-Express train can make the trip in 8 hours and 1 minutes.
|Distance||404 mi (650 km)|
|Fastest train||8h 1m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company|
Train service from Frankfurt am Main to Bratislava
- DB Intercity-Express tickets: C$151 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn tickets: C$151 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company tickets: C$105 one-way
Which train should you take from Frankfurt am Main to Bratislava?
There are 3 train lines with service from Frankfurt am Main, Hesse to Bratislava, Bratislavský kraj. Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company is the most popular choice with travelers, offering scheduled service on 36 trains each day.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|DB Intercity-Express||6||8h 42m||$172.45|
|Deutsche Bahn||9||8h 46m||$174.33|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||36||10h 39m||$186.23|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Frankfurt am Main to Bratislava during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Frankfurt am Main to Bratislava?
The distance between Frankfurt am Main and Bratislava is approximately 404 miles, or 650 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 9 hours and 50 minutes, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 8 hours and 1 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Frankfurt am Main to Bratislava are the most crowded on Monday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Monday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Frankfurt am Main at 12:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 8:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Frankfurt am Main to Bratislava?
There are 45 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Bratislava to Frankfurt am Main. If you're not not set on traveling by train, you could always take the bus from Frankfurt am Main to Bratislava for $38.77.
Where is the train station in Frankfurt am Main?
Because some trains make multiple stops before leaving the city, there are 9 stops and stations in Frankfurt am Main where you can board the train.
Train stations in Frankfurt am Main:
Central Train Station
Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Regionalbf
Central Train Station
Where is the train station in Bratislava?
Bratislava receives travelers from Frankfurt am Main at its two active train stations.
Train stations in Bratislava:
Need a return trip from Bratislava to Frankfurt am Main?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Frankfurt am Main
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Liège
- Frankfurt am Main to Schaffhausen
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Berlin
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Dettingen unter Teck
- Frankfurt am Main to Hinterzarten Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Oberstdorf Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Eppstein
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Weimar
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Beckum
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Hiddenhausen
- Frankfurt am Main to Kleve Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Wuppertal
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Vallendar
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Neustadt in Holstein
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Paris
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Deventer
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Enschede
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Malmo
Continue by train from Bratislava
- Train from Bratislava to Vranovská Ves
- Bratislava to Jirkov Train
- Bratislava to Telč Train
- Bratislava to Dettingen unter Teck Train
- Bratislava to Ditzingen Train
- Bratislava to Kornwestheim
- Train from Bratislava to Ainring
- Bratislava to Haar Train
- Bratislava to Neubiberg
- Bratislava to Teisendorf Train
- Bratislava to Unterhaching Train
- Bratislava to Bremen Train
- Bratislava to Dreieich Train
- Train from Bratislava to Hochheim am Main
- Train from Bratislava to Bornheim
- Bratislava to Erfurt Train
- Bratislava to Strasbourg
- Train from Bratislava to Nădlac
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.