Search train tickets to Vancouver
How to get to Vancouver by train
|Trips per day||52|
We partner with the top coach & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Vancouver is a trendy diverse city in British Columbia, known for its eclectic shopping, fresh seafood, and unique scenic setting between snow-capped mountains and urban beaches. Vancouver is sometimes called "Hollywood North" due to the amount of movies and TV shows filmed in the area. If you're lucky, you may even stumble upon a movie set as you're walking around town!
If you're looking for the best restaurants, shops and nightlife, cobblestoned Gastown is the perfect neighborhood to explore. Biking around the gorgeous Stanley Park in downtown Vancouver is rivaled only by hiking and skiing on nearby Grouse Mountain, which offers stunning views of the city on clear days.
Vancouver International Airport is conveniently close to downtown, and also one of the biggest gateways for international travel on the West Coast of North America. From Vancouver, it's easy to travel into the U.S. to Seattle by bus or train, or to other B.C. destinations like Kamloops and Kelowna to experience more of the province's natural beauty.
Pacific Central Station
The historic Pacific Central Station is Vancouver’s primary train station for Amtrak and VIA Rail service, as well as a bus station for numerous carriers. The impressive Beaux-Arts style station opened in 1919, and is within walking distance of Science World, Strathcona Park, and the lively Gastown neighborhood. Plus, walking just across the street from Pacific Central Station gives you access to Vancouver's SkyTrain public transit system at the Main Street–Science World station. With free WiFi, restrooms, and several restaurants and shops on the premises, Pacific Central Station is a convenient place to start or end your trip.
Popular train stations in Vancouver:
Pacific Central Station
What train companies travel to Vancouver, British Columbia?
Located in British Columbia, Canada, Vancouver is accessible by train from 26 other cities. You can choose from 52 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Vancouver on Wanderu. Amtrak usually has the most trains on any given day.
Train companies serving Vancouver
VIA Rail, also known as Via Rail Canada or simply VIA, provides service across the Canadian provinces and territories. In addition to being completely green-certified, VIA Rail’s new, state-of-the-art trains feature amenities such as free reliable Wi-Fi, wide aisles, ergonomic seats, and wheelchair lifts in every accessible car. VIA Rail is known for its unparalleled customer service and snazzy black and yellow paint scheme.
Amtrak is the largest passenger railroad service in America, offering daily intercity trains to hundreds of destinations across the contiguous United States, as well as several cities in Canada. Every Amtrak train comes equipped with comfortable seats with extra legroom, as well as several four-seat areas with tables in the middle. In addition, each car has a freshly cleaned restroom, free WiFi and power outlets at every seat. There are also snack bars where you can purchase drinks or food during your journey.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Vancouver?
Where is the train station in Vancouver, BC?
The main train station in Vancouver is Pacific Central Station. As the busiest station, it has the most train arrivals, although some trains may make other stops in and around Vancouver.
Which train service has the best service to Vancouver?
Is Vancouver a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Vancouver?
How much do train tickets to Vancouver cost?
What type of traveler does Vancouver attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Vancouver?
Top train routes to and from Vancouver
- train from Hope to Vancouver
- train from Vancouver to Edmonton
- train from Vancouver to Salem
- train from Portland to Vancouver
- train from Vancouver to Victoria
- train from Vancouver to Chicago
- train from Vancouver to Jasper
- train from Vancouver to Montreal
- train from Vancouver to Portland
- train from Salem to Vancouver
- train from Vancouver to San Francisco
- train from Edmonds to Vancouver
- train from Vancouver to Toronto
- train from Jasper to Vancouver
- train from Vancouver to Bellingham
- train from Vancouver to Ontario
- train from Vancouver to Phoenix
- train from Bellingham to Vancouver
- train from Greater Sudbury to Vancouver
- train from Toronto to Vancouver
- train from Cleveland to Vancouver
- train from Vancouver to Eugene
- train from Eugene to Vancouver
- train from Vancouver to San Jose
- train from Kamloops to Vancouver
- train from New York to Vancouver
- train from Tukwila to Vancouver
- train from Edmonton to Vancouver
- train from Vancouver to Vancouver
- train from Tacoma to Vancouver
- train from Everett to Vancouver
- train from Vancouver to Winnipeg
- train from Seattle to Vancouver
- train from Chilliwack to Vancouver
- train from Vancouver to Seattle
- train from Vancouver to Los Angeles
- train from Vancouver to Tacoma
- train from Vancouver to New York
- train from Los Angeles to Vancouver
- train from Montreal to Vancouver
Wanderu is the simplest way to book coach and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.