Search train tickets to Manchester
How to get to Manchester by train
|Trips per day||2,718|
We partner with the top coach & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Most recognizable for its world-famous football team, Manchester is a modern, vibrant city with a diverse range of attractions that will appeal to explorers of all kinds. Often referred to as "The Capital of the North," Manchester is also known for being the birthplace of the industrial revolution. Visitors can relive this booming era by taking a trip to the Science and Industry Museum to see how this previously small town changed the world's ideas of industry and manufacturing forever. These days, Manchester is famous for its music and art scene, with it being the birthplace of bands like The Smiths and Oasis.
Art and music-lovers may want to visit Afflecks, a vast and eclectic emporium of all things indie and grunge, to purchase records, artwork, and memorabilia, among many other things. Manchester is also home to 15 parks and gardens, with Fletcher Moss Park and Botanical Gardens among the most popular. This park provides a beautiful setting for picnics and scenic walks, perfect for when you need an escape from the bustling city.
And if you really are only here for Man U, both Old Trafford and Etihad Stadium are stops on our itinerary to visit every premier league stadium in England.
With three large train stations—Piccadilly, Oxford Road, and Victoria—Manchester is easily accessible via rail. National Express and Megabus coaches also allow access from all over the country. In addition, Manchester Airport houses three large terminals, which provide global entry to the city.
What train companies travel to Manchester, United Kingdom?
Located in United Kingdom, Manchester is accessible by train from 187 other cities. You can choose from 2718 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Manchester on Wanderu. Northern Rail usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Coach tickets to Manchester are also available..
Train companies serving Manchester
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Northern Rail||119||1h 0m||£12.10|
|Transport For Wales||41||2h 12m||£22.20|
|TransPennine Express||39||1h 44m||£27.23|
|Avanti West Coast||28||2h 11m||£66.91|
|East Midlands Railway||24||2h 25m||£44.17|
|West Midlands Railway||11||1h 57m||£49.79|
|Great Western Railway||6||3h 37m||£115.74|
|Greater Anglia||5||4h 51m||£112.21|
|London North Eastern Railway||5||2h 54m||£63.87|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Manchester?
Where is the train station in Manchester, United Kingdom?
The busiest train station in Manchester is Manchester Piccadilly Station. There are several other active stations in addition to this main station. The most popular train stations in Manchester are:
- Manchester Piccadilly Station
- Manchester Victoria
- Manchester Oxford Rd Station
What is the closest airport to Manchester, MAN?
Is Manchester a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Manchester?
How much do train tickets to Manchester cost?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Manchester?
Top train routes to and from Manchester
- train from Rochdale to Manchester
- train from Hale to Manchester
- train from Liverpool to Manchester
- train from Manchester to Bolton
- train from Manchester to Southport
- train from Manchester to Stockport
- train from Bolton to Manchester
- train from Manchester to London
- train from Manchester to Warrington
- train from Manchester to Liverpool
- train from Manchester to Blackpool
- train from Manchester to Sheffield
- train from Manchester to Chester
- train from Chelford to Manchester
- train from Salford to Manchester
- train from Stockport to Manchester
- train from Hyde to Manchester
- train from Manchester to Cleethorpes
- train from Halifax to Manchester
- train from Huddersfield to Manchester
- train from Manchester to Nottingham
- train from London to Manchester
- train from Manchester to Rochdale
- train from Glossop to Manchester
- train from Manchester to York
- train from Edinburgh to Manchester
- train from Leeds to Manchester
- train from Manchester to Leeds
- train from Manchester to Birmingham
- train from Birmingham to Manchester
- train from Manchester to Stoke-on-Trent
- train from Sheffield to Manchester
- train from Peterborough to Manchester
- train from Manchester to Salford
- train from New Mills to Manchester
- train from Manchester to Wigan
- train from Manchester to Cardiff
- train from Manchester to Edinburgh
- train from Blackpool to Manchester
- train from St Helens to Manchester
Wanderu is the simplest way to book coach and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.