Search train tickets to Los Angeles
How to get to Los Angeles by train
|Trips per day||474|
We partner with the top coach & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Los Angeles is the undisputed world capital of the entertainment business. Because of that, the City of Angels is where you will find some of the most iconic landmarks of the film and music industries, including the world-famous Walk of Fame and Dolby Theatre (home of the Academy Awards) on Hollywood Boulevard, the easily recognizable Capitol Records building at Hollywood & Vine, and the LA Live complex in Downtown Los Angeles.
The best part of LA is that it has something to offer for people of all interests: outdoor enthusiasts can hike up to the Hollywood sign, fashion aficionados can go shopping in Beverly Hills, art lovers can check out the prominent Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) in the Miracle Mile district, and those looking for a fun night out can go bar-hopping in West Hollywood. Are you a Pokémon GO addict? Well then this is the place for you because LA is the best city to catch the rarest Pokémon in the U.S.. And if you want to want to experience the famed golden coast of Southern California for yourself, head west to Santa Monica and Venice for a refreshing dip in the Pacific Ocean.
With one of the biggest airports on the West Coast and several bus and train stops across the county, Los Angeles makes it easy to travel elsewhere in California, visit the neighboring Nevada, Arizona and Mexico, or take a flight to pretty much any other part of the world.
Union Station is the main train station in Los Angeles and the largest railroad passenger terminal in the Western United States. The station was opened in 1939 and has become one of California’s busiest transportation hubs, serving more than 100 thousand passengers per day. Every Amtrak route that goes through Los Angeles stops at Union Station. In addition, the area around the station serves as the main bus stop for several bus carriers that conduct trips in and out of the city. Located in Downtown LA, Union Station offers easy transit connections to other parts of the city via three Metro Rail lines and one Metro Busway line, as well as a shuttle service to LAX airport. Union Station also serves as the main LA hub for six lines of Metrolink, Southern California’s primary commuter rail service.
Popular train stations in Los Angeles:
Amtrak Metrolink Station - 7724 Van Nuys Blvd
592 Gayley Ave
10040 Old Depot Plaza Rd, Chatsworth
What train companies travel to Los Angeles, California?
Located in California, Los Angeles is accessible by train from 120 other cities. You can choose from 474 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Los Angeles on Wanderu. Amtrak usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Coach tickets to Los Angeles are also available..
Train companies serving Los Angeles
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Los Angeles?
Where is the train station in Los Angeles, CA?
The busiest train station in Los Angeles is Union Station. There are several other active stations in addition to this main station. The most popular train stations in Los Angeles are:
- Union Station
- Amtrak Metrolink Station - 7724 Van Nuys Blvd
- 592 Gayley Ave
Which train service has the best service to Los Angeles?
Is Los Angeles a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Los Angeles?
How much do train tickets to Los Angeles cost?
What type of traveler does Los Angeles attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Los Angeles?
Top train routes to and from Los Angeles
- train from Los Angeles to Santa Barbara
- train from Seattle to Los Angeles
- train from Los Angeles to Palm Springs
- train from San Francisco to Los Angeles
- train from Portland to Los Angeles
- train from Merced to Los Angeles
- train from Bakersfield to Los Angeles
- train from Los Angeles to Stockton
- train from Anaheim to Los Angeles
- train from Los Angeles to San Jose
- train from Los Angeles to Seattle
- train from Burbank to Los Angeles
- train from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles
- train from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- train from Los Angeles to Santa Ana
- train from Los Angeles to Riverside
- train from Modesto to Los Angeles
- train from Oceanside to Los Angeles
- train from Glendale to Los Angeles
- train from Santa Ana to Los Angeles
- train from Los Angeles to Chicago
- train from Los Angeles to Irvine
- train from Simi Valley to Los Angeles
- train from Los Angeles to Merced
- train from Los Angeles to New York
- train from San Diego to Los Angeles
- train from Las Vegas to Los Angeles
- train from Los Angeles to Burbank
- train from Fullerton to Los Angeles
- train from Los Angeles to Portland
- train from Los Angeles to Las Vegas
- train from Los Angeles to Anaheim
- train from Los Angeles to San Diego
- train from Chicago to Los Angeles
- train from San Luis Obispo to Los Angeles
- train from New York to Los Angeles
- train from Los Angeles to Oceanside
- train from Los Angeles to Glendale
- train from Los Angeles to El Paso
- train from Stockton to Los Angeles
Wanderu is the simplest way to book coach and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.