Compare train tickets from Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Essen
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 32 daily trains from Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Essen. Traveling by train from Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Essen usually takes around one hour and 31 minutes, but the fastest National Express train can make the trip in one hour and 16 minutes.
|Distance||61 mi (99 km)|
|Fastest train||1h 16m|
|Trains per day||19|
|Most frequent service||National Express|
Train service from Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Essen
- DB Intercity tickets: £16 one-way
- DB Intercity-Express tickets: £16 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn tickets: £19 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company tickets: £26 one-way
- National Express tickets: £26 one-way
- Non-federally owned railway company tickets: £26 one-way
Which train should you take from Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Essen?
There are 6 train lines with service from Rheda-Wiedenbrück, North Rhine-Westphalia to Essen, North Rhine-Westphalia. National Express is the most popular choice with travelers, offering scheduled service on 19 trains each day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Essen during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
Can you take a train all the way from Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Essen?
How long is the train journey from Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Essen?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Essen are the most crowded on Sunday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Sunday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Rheda-Wiedenbrück at 00:00 while the last train of the day leaves at 23:00. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Essen?
There are 32 scheduled trains on most days. 19 of these are direct connections to Essen. While direct trains may still make stops along the way, you will not need to switch trains at any point. If you're looking to get to your destination faster, a direct train is the convenient and time-efficient choice.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Essen to Rheda-Wiedenbrück.
Where is the train station in Rheda-Wiedenbrück?
There is one train station in Rheda-Wiedenbrück.
Where is the train station in Essen?
Essen has one train station.
Need a return trip from Essen to Rheda-Wiedenbrück?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Rheda-Wiedenbrück
- Train from Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Kapelle-op-den-Bos
- Train from Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Zurich
- Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Esslingen am Neckar
- Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Heidelberg Train
- Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Neckarsulm
- Train from Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Reutlingen
- Train from Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Schwaigern
- Train from Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Regensburg
- Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Bad Vilbel Train
- Train from Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Hamburg
- Train from Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Bocholt
- Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Saarbrücken
- Train from Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Dresden
- Train from Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Virum
- Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Velp Train
- Train from Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Breda
- Train from Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Warsaw
- Rheda-Wiedenbrück to Kysucké Nové Mesto Train
Continue by train from Essen
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.