Compare train tickets from San Luis Obispo to Petersburg
How much are train tickets from San Luis Obispo to Petersburg?
|Fastest train||91h 0m|
|Trains per day||2|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from San Luis Obispo to Petersburg during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
What is the price of a train ticket from San Luis Obispo to Petersburg?
In the last month, £350.29 was the average price of a train ticket from San Luis Obispo, CA to Petersburg, VA. Given how far apart San Luis Obispo and Petersburg are from each other, there's no getting around the fact that most train tickets are on the pricier side. You are more likely to find a ticket at this price or lower if you book online in advance of your travel date.
How long is the train journey from San Luis Obispo to Petersburg?
The distance between San Luis Obispo and Petersburg is approximately 2394 miles, or 3852 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 91 hours,
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from San Luis Obispo to Petersburg are the most crowded on Wednesday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Wednesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs San Luis Obispo at 00:00 while the last train of the day leaves at 00:00. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from San Luis Obispo to Petersburg?
Trains leave the station in San Luis Obispo twice a day, so there are a couple of options depending on your preferred travel time. However, there are no direct trains. This means that you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train at some point during your journey. You will need to remember to bring your carry-on luggage with you when you change trains. Depending on the carrier's policy, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Petersburg to San Luis Obispo.
Which train should you take from San Luis Obispo to Petersburg?
Amtrak is the one and only train line which connects San Luis Obispo, California to Petersburg, Virginia. The schedule is relatively limited as the train only runs twice a day.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak||2||3d 18h 48m||£350.29|
Amtrak train tickets from San Luis Obispo to Petersburg start from £350, and on average cost £350. Daily there are 2 Amtrak schedules to Petersburg. Amtrak in San Luis Obispo leaves from 1011 Railroad Ave and one other station. And in Petersburg trains arrive at Amtrak Station - 3516 South St, From San Luis Obispo to Petersburg train travel on Amtrak takes 90 hours and 48 minutes.
Where is the train station in San Luis Obispo?
There are two stations in San Luis Obispo where you can board the train to Petersburg:
- 1011 Railroad Ave
- 1 Grand Avenue, Building 113
Where is the train station in Petersburg?
Petersburg has one train station:
- Amtrak Station - 3516 South St
Plan your next adventure
More trains from San Luis Obispo
- Train from San Luis Obispo to Phoenix
- Train from San Luis Obispo to Burbank
- San Luis Obispo to Camarillo Train
- San Luis Obispo to Los Angeles Train
- San Luis Obispo to Martinez Train
- Train from San Luis Obispo to Modesto
- San Luis Obispo to Napa Train
- San Luis Obispo to Oxnard
- San Luis Obispo to Sacramento Train
- Train from San Luis Obispo to San Diego
- Train from San Luis Obispo to San Francisco
- San Luis Obispo to San Jose Train
- Train from San Luis Obispo to Santa Barbara
- San Luis Obispo to Santa Clara Train
- San Luis Obispo to Santa Rosa Train
- San Luis Obispo to Stockton
- San Luis Obispo to Reno
- San Luis Obispo to Eugene Train
Continue by train from Petersburg
- Petersburg to Washington D.C.
- Petersburg to Miami Train
- Train from Petersburg to Orlando
- Train from Petersburg to Tampa
- Train from Petersburg to Atlanta
- Petersburg to Savannah Train
- Train from Petersburg to Indianapolis
- Train from Petersburg to Baltimore
- Train from Petersburg to Charlotte
- Train from Petersburg to Fayetteville
- Train from Petersburg to Raleigh
- Petersburg to Newark Train
- Petersburg to New York Train
- Train from Petersburg to Philadelphia
- Petersburg to North Charleston
- Train from Petersburg to Alexandria
- Petersburg to Norfolk Train
- Petersburg to Richmond