Compare train tickets from Grand Junction to North Charleston
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There is one daily train from Grand Junction to North Charleston. Traveling by train from Grand Junction to North Charleston usually takes around 64 hours and 28 minutes, but some trains might arrive slightly earlier or later than scheduled.
|Distance||1647 mi (2651 km)|
|Fastest train||64h 28m|
|Most frequent service||Amtrak|
Which train should you take from Grand Junction to North Charleston?
Amtrak is the one and only train line which connects Grand Junction, Colorado to North Charleston, South Carolina. Furthermore, there is only one train per day, so you will have to plan your travel around this limited availability. On the other hand, you won't have to spend a ton of time comparing a bunch of possible options.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak||1||2d 16h 28m||€233.15|
Amtrak is the largest passenger railroad service in America, offering daily intercity trains to hundreds of destinations across the contiguous United States, as well as several cities in Canada. Every Amtrak train comes equipped with comfortable seats with extra legroom, as well as several four-seat areas with tables in the middle. In addition, each car has a freshly cleaned restroom, free WiFi and power outlets at every seat. There are also snack bars where you can purchase drinks or food during your journey. On average, there are 1 Amtrak trains from Grand Junction to North Charleston every day, as well as 0 trips on the weekends, with prices starting from €233.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Grand Junction to North Charleston during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Grand Junction to North Charleston?
The distance between Grand Junction and North Charleston is approximately 1647 miles, or 2651 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 64 hours and 28 minutes,
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Grand Junction to North Charleston are the most crowded on Friday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Friday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
Most days, there is only one train which leaves Grand Junction at 10:00 and arrives in North Charleston around 64 hours later.
Is there a direct train from Grand Junction to North Charleston?
Typically there is only one scheduled train per day. However, it is not a direct train. This means that you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train at some point during your journey. You will need to remember to bring your carry-on luggage with you when you transfer trains. Depending on the carrier's policy, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from North Charleston to Grand Junction. If you're not not set on traveling by train, you could always take the bus from Grand Junction to North Charleston for €156.80.
Where is the train station in Grand Junction?
There is one train station in Grand Junction.
Where is the train station in North Charleston?
North Charleston has one train station.
Need a return trip from North Charleston to Grand Junction?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Grand Junction
- Train from Grand Junction to Crescent City
- Train from Grand Junction to Santa Cruz
- Grand Junction to Denver Train
- Train from Grand Junction to Glenwood Springs
- Train from Grand Junction to Wilmington
- Grand Junction to Creston Train
- Grand Junction to Joliet Train
- Train from Grand Junction to Pontiac
- Grand Junction to Lafayette
- Grand Junction to Garden City Train
- Train from Grand Junction to Baton Rouge
- Train from Grand Junction to Coos Bay
- Train from Grand Junction to Latrobe
- Train from Grand Junction to Florence
- Grand Junction to Temple Train
- Train from Grand Junction to Salt Lake City
- Train from Grand Junction to Blacksburg
- Train from Grand Junction to Sturtevant
Continue by train from North Charleston
- Train from North Charleston to Denver
- Train from North Charleston to Washington D.C.
- Train from North Charleston to Miami
- North Charleston to Orlando
- Train from North Charleston to West Palm Beach
- Train from North Charleston to Atlanta
- North Charleston to Savannah Train
- North Charleston to St Louis Train
- North Charleston to Durham Train
- North Charleston to Fayetteville Train
- Train from North Charleston to Greenville
- Train from North Charleston to Wilmington
- North Charleston to Las Vegas Train
- North Charleston to New York
- North Charleston to Columbus
- Train from North Charleston to Clemson
- Train from North Charleston to Greenville
- Train from North Charleston to Dallas
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.