Search train tickets to Mattoon
How to get to Mattoon by train
|Trips per day||62|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
What train companies travel to Mattoon, Illinois?
Located in Illinois, Mattoon is accessible by train from 39 other cities. You can choose from 62 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Mattoon on Wanderu. Amtrak Illini Service usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to Mattoon are also available..
Train companies serving Mattoon
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak City of New Orleans||12||3h 9m||$31.55|
|Amtrak Illini Service||6||2h 44m||$30.49|
|Amtrak Saluki||4||1h 22m||$15.98|
Amtrak is the largest passenger railroad service in America, offering daily intercity trains to hundreds of destinations across the contiguous United States, as well as several cities in Canada. Every Amtrak train comes equipped with comfortable seats with extra legroom, as well as several four-seat areas with tables in the middle. In addition, each car has a freshly cleaned restroom, free WiFi and power outlets at every seat. There are also snack bars where you can purchase drinks or food during your journey.
Amtrak City of New Orleans
The City of New Orleans is an Amtrak route that runs daily trains from Chicago to New Orleans and vice versa. The City of New Orleans includes a sightseer lounge with panoramic windows for the best views of the five states along the route. However, the City of New Orleans also offers private roomettes and bedrooms for added comfort and luxury (and a higher price). Passengers who book sleeper accommodations will enjoy included meals, and all passengers can stop into the cafe car to purchase meals and snacks.
Amtrak Illini Service
Since 1973, Amtrak's Illini Service has provided reliable train transportation to 11 Illinois cities. The Illini operates as an evening commuter train from Chicago to Carbondale, while its sister train, the Amtrak Saluki, runs the morning route. Commuters rely on this service as a safe and convenient transportation option every day. Each train offers WiFi and power outlets, plus a cafe car and business class seating. Illini trains meet the highest federal standard for reducing emissions, with up to 90% less greenhouse gas emissions.
Since its inception in 2006, the Amtrak Saluki line has offered daily train trips between Chicago and Carbondale. The Amtrak Saluki operates along 500 kilometers of railroad, stopping at numerous midwestern towns like Kankakee, Rantoul, and Effingham. The trains on this line are equipped with onboard WiFi, power outlets, air conditioning, and a cafe car, with the option to upgrade to business class seating. This line is known for using trains that produce 90% fewer carbon emissions than other trains, meaning that your trip is green as well as convenient.
Which train service has the best service to Mattoon?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Mattoon?
Where is the train station in Mattoon, IL?
The main train station in Mattoon is 1718 Broadway Ave. As the busiest station, it has the most train arrivals, although some trains may make other stops in and around Mattoon.
Is Mattoon a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Mattoon?
How much do train tickets to Mattoon cost?
What type of traveler does Mattoon attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Mattoon?
Top train routes to and from Mattoon
- train from Mattoon to Dallas
- train from Mattoon to Indianapolis
- train from Mattoon to Chicago
- train from Champaign to Mattoon
- train from Mattoon to Galesburg
- train from Glenview to Mattoon
- train from Rantoul to Mattoon
- train from Mattoon to Detroit
- train from Mattoon to Kankakee
- train from Mattoon to New Orleans
- train from Mattoon to St Louis
- train from Chicago to Mattoon
- train from Mattoon to Memphis
- train from Mattoon to Homewood
- train from Carbondale to Mattoon
- train from Mattoon to Springfield
- train from Jacksonville to Mattoon
- train from Jackson to Mattoon
- train from Normal to Mattoon
- train from Springfield to Mattoon
- train from Peoria to Mattoon
- train from Mattoon to Rochester
- train from Du Quoin to Mattoon
- train from Mattoon to Kansas City
- train from Mattoon to San Bernardino
- train from Centralia to Mattoon
- train from Mattoon to Carbondale
- train from St Louis to Mattoon
- train from Mattoon to New York
- train from Mattoon to Oklahoma City
- train from Galesburg to Mattoon
- train from Indianapolis to Mattoon
- train from New Orleans to Mattoon
- train from Mattoon to Milwaukee
- train from Gilman to Mattoon
- train from South Bend to Mattoon
- train from Effingham to Mattoon
- train from Homewood to Mattoon
- train from Mattoon to Naperville
- train from Mattoon to Champaign
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.