Search train tickets to Tacoma
How to get to Tacoma by train
|Trips per day||122|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Tacoma has seen some hard times in recent years, but the city is receiving many new revival attempts, turning it into a charming town with its own unique attractions. For those interested in the history of the city, as well as the creativity of its residents, head towards the Museum District, which houses numerous interesting museums such as the Tacoma Art Museum and the Washington State History Museum. While in the area, don’t miss out on the chance to marvel at the architectural ingenuity of the Bridge of Glass. If you wish to enjoy a bit of outdoor air, diving into the cold water of American Lake in Lakewood in the morning is bound to make you happy.
Seafood has always been among Tacoma’s finest offerings, and the best place to enjoy these dishes is Duke’s Chowder House, which features a bay view. For a more exquisite taste, head over to Indochine, a pan-Asian restaurant featuring mouth watering dishes.
The main bus station and the Amtrak train station in Tacoma are both located on Puyallup Ave near downtown, just a few blocks from each other. Tacoma is served by Amtrak’s Cascades and Coast Starlight lines. The city’s main airport is Seattle–Tacoma International and it sits 22 miles north of the city.
The Amtrak station in Tacoma is located at 1001 Puyallup Ave, just north of I-5 and very close to the Tacoma Dome. Local Sound Transit commuter rail uses the station, as well as Amtrak’s Coast Starlight from Seattle to Los Angeles and Cascades from Vancouver, BC to Eugene. The bus terminal at 510 Puyallup Ave is connected to the train station complex for easy transfers to local or intercity buses. The station complex includes two parking garages and a customer service center with restrooms and vending machines. Nearby attractions in Tacoma include Freighthouse Square, a shopping mall inside an old depot, and several museums like the Washington State History Museum and Museum of Glass.
Popular train stations in Tacoma:
422 E. 25th St.
Bus Terminal - 510 Puyallup Ave
What train companies travel to Tacoma, Washington?
Located in Washington, Tacoma is accessible by train from 31 other cities. You can choose from 122 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Tacoma on Wanderu. Amtrak usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to Tacoma are also available..
Train companies serving Tacoma
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Tacoma?
Where is the train station in Tacoma, WA?
The busiest train station in Tacoma is 422 E. 25th St.. As Tacoma's main station, it has the most trains coming and going. However, a popular alternative is Bus Terminal - 510 Puyallup Ave.
Which train service has the best service to Tacoma?
Is Tacoma a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Tacoma?
How much do train tickets to Tacoma cost?
What type of traveler does Tacoma attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Tacoma?
Top train routes to and from Tacoma
- train from Edmonds to Tacoma
- train from Bellingham to Tacoma
- train from Tacoma to Simi Valley
- train from Tacoma to Eugene
- train from Simi Valley to Tacoma
- train from Kingston to Tacoma
- train from Tacoma to Bellingham
- train from Los Angeles to Tacoma
- train from Tacoma to Lacey
- train from Sacramento to Tacoma
- train from Eugene to Tacoma
- train from Tacoma to Salem
- train from Tacoma to Vancouver
- train from Tacoma to Watertown
- train from Monroe to Tacoma
- train from Seattle to Tacoma
- train from Tacoma to New York
- train from Everett to Tacoma
- train from Tacoma to Everett
- train from Vancouver to Tacoma
- train from Tacoma to Tukwila
- train from Salem to Tacoma
- train from Port Townsend to Tacoma
- train from Tacoma to Portland
- train from Tacoma to Sacramento
- train from New York to Tacoma
- train from Tacoma to Albany
- train from Tacoma to Chicago
- train from Portland to Tacoma
- train from Tacoma to Seattle
- train from Tacoma to San Francisco
- train from Tacoma to Los Angeles
- train from Tacoma to Centralia
- train from Tacoma to Spokane
- train from Albany to Tacoma
- train from Lacey to Tacoma
- train from Tacoma to Vancouver
- train from Martinez to Tacoma
- train from Tukwila to Tacoma
- train from Centralia to Tacoma
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.