Search train tickets to Vancouver
How to get to Vancouver by train
|Trips per day||1,337|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Vancouver sits on the northern banks of the Columbia River in Washington and is the state's fourth most populated city. The surrounding Cascade Mountains offer incredible Pacific Northwest adventures. Mount Saint Helens and Mount Hood, two snow-topped volcanoes, are within short drives of Vancouver for easy access to hikes and ski runs. Beacon Rock State Park includes a trail to the summit of a monolithic rock formation. Plus, the Columbia River Gorge is easily one of the best destinations in Washington for breathtaking scenery.
Vancouver is located just across the Columbia from Portland, and Interstates 5 and 205 have north to south bridges connecting Portland to Vancouver. Within the city, you will find Vancouver's mass transit system, C-Tran, to get around with ease.
Several Amtrak services operate from Vancouver, including the Coast Starlight, Empire Builder, and Cascades routes. If you're arriving by air, the nearest airport is Portland International Airport, just a few minutes' drive from downtown Vancouver.
What train companies travel to Vancouver, Washington?
Train companies serving Vancouver
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak||463||1d 20h 51m||$306.55|
|Amtrak Empire Builder||35||1d 1h 0m||$180.87|
|Amtrak Coast Starlight||28||10h 8m||$88.63|
|Amtrak Cascades||11||2h 30m||$45.25|
Amtrak is the largest passenger railroad service in America, offering daily intercity trains to hundreds of destinations across the contiguous United States, as well as several cities in Canada. Every Amtrak train comes equipped with comfortable seats with extra legroom, as well as several four-seat areas with tables in the middle. In addition, each car has a freshly cleaned restroom, free WiFi and power outlets at every seat. There are also snack bars where you can purchase drinks or food during your journey.
Amtrak Empire Builder
The Amtrak Empire Builder is a long-distance passenger rail service that has been in operation since 1929. The full 2,200-mile route takes 45 hours to connect Chicago with the Pacific Northwest. Don’t let the length of the trip intimidate you; the Empire Builder is one of Amtrak’s most popular services, and often rated as the most scenic train route in the country. The sightseer lounge, home to enormous windows, is the perfect place to drink in the incredible views of the Mississippi River, the North Dakota Plains, Glacier National Park, and the Columbia River Gorge. Overnight trips on the Empire Builder include the option to book sleeper cabins, for a more comfortable journey and included meals. All passengers can purchase meals or snacks in the cafe car.
Amtrak Coast Starlight
The Coast Starlight is an Amtrak train that travels the entire length of the West Coast, connecting Los Angeles to Seattle. The route starts hugging the California coastline, treating passengers to swoon-worthy views of the Pacific, before continuing into the verdant forests of the Cascade Mountains. The Coast Starlight indisputably earns its spot among the most scenic Amtrak train routes. Seating options include Coach or Business Class and roomettes or bedrooms for extra space.
Which train carrier has the best service to Vancouver?
Based on customers travel reviews, travelers who booked on Wanderu rave about traveling to Vancouver by train with Amtrak Coast Starlight giving them a 5 rating out of 5.
Travelers also mentioned that Amtrak Coast Starlight had the most comfortable train service to Vancouver taking into account the seats and amenities that Amtrak Coast Starlight offers. They rate Amtrak Coast Starlight a 4.8 out of 5 when it comes to just how relaxing and enjoyable their experience was onboard.
If you are looking to arrive to Vancouver punctually, travelers suggest that Amtrak Coast Starlight has the best on time performance on their train schedules to Vancouver, rating them a 5 based on their on time arrivals.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Vancouver?
Where is the train station in Vancouver, WA?
The busiest train station in Vancouver is 1301 W 11th St. As Vancouver's main station, it has the most trains coming and going. However, a popular alternative is Portland International Airport.
What is the closest airport to Vancouver, WA?
Is Vancouver a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Vancouver?
How much do train tickets to Vancouver cost?
What type of traveler does Vancouver attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Vancouver?
Top train routes to and from Vancouver
- train from Oregon City to Vancouver
- train from Philadelphia to Vancouver
- train from Vancouver to Chico
- train from Los Angeles to Vancouver
- train from Vancouver to Portland
- train from Vancouver to Beaverton
- train from Vancouver to San Luis Obispo
- train from Portland to Vancouver
- train from Newark to Vancouver
- train from Vancouver to Hillsboro
- train from Spokane to Vancouver
- train from Tacoma to Vancouver
- train from Vancouver to Salem
- train from Vancouver to New York
- train from Vancouver to Los Angeles
- train from Calgary to Vancouver
- train from San Francisco to Vancouver
- train from Vancouver to Albany
- train from Vancouver to Spokane
- train from Vancouver to Vancouver
- train from Eugene to Vancouver
- train from Vancouver to Boston
- train from Lacey to Vancouver
- train from Hillsboro to Vancouver
- train from Vancouver to Milwaukee
- train from Chico to Vancouver
- train from North Plains to Vancouver
- train from Vancouver to Tacoma
- train from Seattle to Vancouver
- train from Vancouver to Whistler
- train from Woodburn to Vancouver
- train from Beaverton to Vancouver
- train from Syracuse to Vancouver
- train from Vancouver to Seattle
- train from Vancouver to Banff
- train from Banff to Vancouver
- train from Vancouver to San Francisco
- train from Vancouver to Sacramento
- train from New York to Vancouver
- train from Vancouver to Calgary
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.