Compare train tickets from Frankfurt am Main to Oberhof
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 23 daily trains from Frankfurt am Main to Oberhof. Traveling by train from Frankfurt am Main to Oberhof usually takes around 3 hours and 21 minutes, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 2 hours and 54 minutes.
|Distance||99 mi (159 km)|
|Fastest train||2h 54m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn|
Train service from Frankfurt am Main to Oberhof
- DB Intercity-Express tickets: C$47 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn tickets: C$44 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company tickets: C$47 one-way
Which train should you take from Frankfurt am Main to Oberhof?
There are 3 train lines with service from Frankfurt am Main, Hesse to Oberhof, Free State of Thuringia. Deutsche Bahn is the most popular choice with travelers, offering scheduled service on 18 trains each day.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|DB Intercity-Express||3||3h 19m||$62.20|
|Deutsche Bahn||18||3h 20m||$53.59|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||2||3h 39m||$48.07|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Frankfurt am Main to Oberhof during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Frankfurt am Main to Oberhof?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Frankfurt am Main to Oberhof are the most crowded on Monday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Monday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Frankfurt am Main at 2:00am while the last train of the day leaves at 9:00pm. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Frankfurt am Main to Oberhof?
There are 23 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Oberhof to Frankfurt am Main.
Where is the train station in Frankfurt am Main?
There are two stations in Frankfurt am Main where you can board the train to Oberhof.
Train stations in Frankfurt am Main:
Central Train Station
Where is the train station in Oberhof?
Oberhof has one train station.
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Frankfurt am Main
- Frankfurt am Main to Attnang-Puchheim
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Seekirchen am Wallersee
- Frankfurt am Main to Haaltert Train
- Frankfurt am Main to Giswil
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Spremberg
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Nehren
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Deuerling
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Oerlenbach
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Steinsfeld
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Strullendorf
- Frankfurt am Main to Hornstorf Train
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Sassenburg
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Altena
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Römerberg
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Blankenburg
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Eijsden
- Train from Frankfurt am Main to Hronská Dúbrava
- Frankfurt am Main to Nové Zámky Train
Continue by train from Oberhof
- Train from Bleicherode to Dortmund
- Bleicherode to Velp
- Train from Bollberg to Ettlingen
- Bollberg to Mittenwald
- Train from Dachwig to Budapest
- Train from Ellersleben to Bad Berka
- Hörselberg-Hainich to Zemst Train
- Ilmtal to Nuremberg Train
- Train from Leutenberg to Jihlava
- Train from Oberhof to Prague
- Train from Ronneburg to Betzdorf
- Train from Sömmerda to Leipzig
- Sömmerda to Hopfgarten
- Train from Stadtilm to Rijeka
- Train from Steinach to Nuremberg
- Train from Themar to Frankfurt am Main
- Wasungen to Grabfeld Train
- Wölfershausen to Speyer Train
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.