Search train tickets to Richmond
How to get to Richmond by train
|Trips per day||250|
We partner with the top coach & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
As one of the most historically significant cities in the U.S., Richmond is a top-tier destination for not just fans of history but also culturally-inclined travelers. The premier tourist attraction of the city is the Virginia State Capitol, which features a unique architecture partially designed by Thomas Jefferson himself. For those who want to enjoy a cultural experience, the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts is worth checking out, as it houses five exquisitely beautiful Fabergé eggs, along with works by Degas, Cézanne, and Renoir. If you wish to retreat from the concrete jungle, the Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden is a great alternative.
Richmond’s diverse community has had a huge influence on its food scene. Croaker's Spot is a famous restaurant that serves some of the best seafood around. Richmond is also the home to a burgeoning craft beer scene, and there are as many as 30 brands in the city. Some of the local favorites include Hardywood, The Veil Brewing Co., and The Answer Brewpub.
Richmond is a major hub for bus travel, and visitors can catch buses that go to cities like Washington, D.C., New York and Raleigh on a daily basis. The city boasts two Amtrak train stations that provide regular service to Washington, D.C., New York City and beyond. The principal one is the Main Street Station, which is located right in the heart of downtown Richmond. The main airport is the Richmond International Airport, 7 miles southeast of the city.
Located around 5 miles north of Richmond’s city center, the Amtrak Station on Staples Mill Road is Amtrak’s busiest transport hub in the Southeast Region. The station was built in 1975 to replace the downtown Main Street Station. It now serves as an important terminal for routes traveling up and down the American East. Passengers can venture north onboard the Northeast Regional service—Amtrak’s busiest route—to Washington, D.C., New York, and Boston. Richmond’s Amtrak Station also offers several southward connections to vacation destinations along the East Coast in [South Carolina(/train-tickets/us-sc/), Georgia, and Florida. In addition, the GRTC bus service is available from the station for transport into downtown Richmond.
Popular train stations in Richmond:
7519 Staples Mill Rd
1500 E Main St
What train companies travel to Richmond, Virginia?
Located in Virginia, Richmond is accessible by train from 84 other cities. You can choose from 250 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Richmond on Wanderu. Amtrak Northeast Regional usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to Richmond are also available..
Train companies serving Richmond
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Richmond?
Where is the train station in Richmond, VA?
The busiest train station in Richmond is 7519 Staples Mill Rd. As Richmond's main station, it has the most trains coming and going. However, a popular alternative is 1500 E Main St.
Which train service has the best service to Richmond?
What is the closest airport to Richmond, VA?
Is Richmond a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Richmond?
How much do train tickets to Richmond cost?
What type of traveler does Richmond attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Richmond?
Top train routes to and from Richmond
- train from Greensboro to Richmond
- train from New York to Richmond
- train from Alexandria to Richmond
- train from Richmond to Los Angeles
- train from Richmond to Williamsburg
- train from Richmond to Raleigh
- train from Richmond to Washington
- train from Richmond to Virginia Beach
- train from Richmond to New York
- train from Woodbridge to Richmond
- train from Norfolk to Richmond
- train from Charlottesville to Richmond
- train from Trenton to Richmond
- train from Richmond to Cary
- train from Richmond to Baltimore
- train from Richmond to Orlando
- train from Newark to Richmond
- train from Boston to Richmond
- train from Richmond to Philadelphia
- train from Wilmington to Richmond
- train from Richmond to Newport News
- train from Washington to Richmond
- train from Richmond to Chicago
- train from Newport News to Richmond
- train from Richmond to Boston
- train from Philadelphia to Richmond
- train from Fredericksburg to Richmond
- train from Ashland to Richmond
- train from Culpeper to Richmond
- train from Richmond to Norfolk
- train from Richmond to Winter Park
- train from Baltimore to Richmond
- train from Richmond to Alexandria
- train from Richmond to Savannah
- train from Richmond to Atlanta
- train from Richmond to Newark
- train from Raleigh to Richmond
- train from Petersburg to Richmond
- train from Williamsburg to Richmond
- train from Richmond to Charlotte
Wanderu is the simplest way to book coach and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.