Compare train tickets from Kelheim to Regensburg
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 9 daily trains from Kelheim to Regensburg. Traveling by train from Kelheim to Regensburg usually takes around 41 minutes, but the fastest Bayerische Regiobahn train can make the trip in 8 minutes.
|Distance||12 mi (19 km)|
|Fastest train||0h 8m|
|Trains per day||31|
|Most frequent service||DB Intercity-Express|
Train service from Kelheim to Regensburg
- Bayerische Regiobahn tickets: €4 one-way
- DB Intercity tickets: €4 one-way
- DB Intercity-Express tickets: €4 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn tickets: €4 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company tickets: €6 one-way
- Non-federally owned railway company tickets: €4 one-way
Which train should you take from Kelheim to Regensburg?
There are 6 train lines with service from Kelheim, Bavaria to Regensburg, Bavaria. DB Intercity-Express is the most popular choice with travelers, offering scheduled service on 6 trains each day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Kelheim to Regensburg during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
Can you take a train all the way from Kelheim to Regensburg?
How long is the train journey from Kelheim to Regensburg?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Kelheim to Regensburg are the most crowded on Monday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Tuesday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Kelheim at 00:00 while the last train of the day leaves at 22:00. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Kelheim to Regensburg?
There are 9 scheduled trains on most days. 31 of these are direct connections to Regensburg. While direct trains may still make stops along the way, you will not need to switch trains at any point. If you're looking to get to your destination faster, a direct train is the convenient and time-efficient choice.
Where is the train station in Kelheim?
There is one train station in Kelheim.
Where is the train station in Regensburg?
There are more train stations and stops in Regensburg than most cities. Most trains from Kelheim will stop at one (or more) of the 3 following stations in Regensburg:
Train stations in Regensburg:
Need a return trip from Regensburg to Kelheim?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Kelheim
- Kelheim to Saal an der Donau Train
- Train from Kelheim to Schwabach
- Train from Kelheim to Straubing
- Kelheim to Adorf Train
- Kelheim to Kleinfurra
- Kelheim to Bolzano
- Train from Kelheim to Stazione (Salerno)
- Train from Kelheim to Amsterdam
- Train from Kelheim to Capelle aan den IJssel
Continue by train from Regensburg
- Train from Regensburg to Lucerne
- Regensburg to Prague Train
- Train from Regensburg to Berlin
- Train from Regensburg to Bamberg
- Regensburg to Hagelstadt Train
- Regensburg to Kelheim Train
- Train from Regensburg to Memmingen
- Train from Regensburg to Munich
- Train from Regensburg to Saal an der Donau
- Regensburg to Straubing Train
- Train from Regensburg to Hamburg
- Regensburg to Wuppertal
- Train from Regensburg to Mainz
- Regensburg to Erfurt
- Regensburg to Budapest Train
- Regensburg to Amsterdam-Zuidoost Train
- Train from Regensburg to Stockholm
- Train from Regensburg to Kysak
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.