Search train tickets to Hamburg
How to get to Hamburg by train
|Trips per day||18,299|
We partner with the top coach & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Hamburg might be often overshadowed by Berlin or Munich, but it certainly is one of Germany’s best hidden gems. A vibrant harbor city with plenty of activities, Hamburg will keep you interested through days and nights. Among the city’s most famous attractions is the Elbphilharmonie, a stunning concert hall that could rival the famous Sydney Opera House. The concert hall also features a public viewing platform that offers a panoramic view of the city and the harbor, a great bonus for visitors who enjoy taking pictures. If you travel with kids, it is a great idea to take them to the Miniatur Wunderland, which many consider to be the largest model railway in the world. If you simply want to take a walk around and enjoy the vibe of the city, Planten und Blomen, nicknamed “the green lungs of the city”, will provide the reprieve you need.
Hamburg’s proximity to the sea allows it to offer the freshest and finest seafood dishes around. Fischereihafen Restaurant is a local favorite that has garnered plenty of attention. For the best beers around, Braugasthaus Altes Mädchen is a popular spot that is worth your attention.
The main bus station in the city is called ZOB Hamburg and it’s located at Adenauerallee 78 in the city center, serving FlixBus and Sindbad, among other carriers. Hamburg Hauptbahnhof is the main railway station in the city. For international air services, Hamburg Airport, the oldest in Germany, is the main airport.
Although it could be mistaken for a church with its clock tower and arched, windowed facade, the Hamburg Train Station (or Hauptbahnhof) is a bustling hub for intercity trains throughout Germany and into other countries in Europe. Originally opened in 1906, the current station welcomes about 480,000 passengers every day. These passengers travel on Deutsche Bahn and FlixTrain intercity trains, as well as S-Bahn (suburban railway) and U-Bahn (underground railway) trains that run throughout Hamburg. Inside the vast station, you'll find shops, cafes, and the Wandelhalle shopping center in the northern section of the complex.
Popular train stations in Hamburg:
Hamburg Train Station
Train Station (S-Bahn)
Train Station Bus Station
What train companies travel to Hamburg, Germany?
Located in Germany, Hamburg is accessible by train from 1806 other cities. You can choose from 18299 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Hamburg on Wanderu. Deutsche Bahn usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to Hamburg are also available..
Train companies serving Hamburg
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Deutsche Bahn||1609||5h 7m||€70.18|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||1446||5h 44m||€67.83|
|DB Intercity-Express||606||4h 19m||€61.81|
|DB Intercity||260||3h 27m||€45.73|
|Non-federally owned railway company||70||3h 40m||€37.26|
|DB Eurocity||28||3h 4m||€38.26|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Hamburg?
Where is the train station in Hamburg, Germany?
The busiest train station in Hamburg is Hamburg Train Station. There are several other active stations in addition to this main station. The most popular train stations in Hamburg are:
- Hamburg Train Station
What is the closest airport to Hamburg, HH?
Is Hamburg a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Hamburg?
How much do train tickets to Hamburg cost?
What type of traveler does Hamburg attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Hamburg?
Top train routes to and from Hamburg
- train from Berlin to Hamburg
- train from Hamburg to Lübeck
- train from Hamburg to Amsterdam
- train from Freiburg to Hamburg
- train from Stuttgart to Hamburg
- train from Lüneburg to Hamburg
- train from Duisburg to Hamburg
- train from Hanover to Hamburg
- train from Hamburg to Düsseldorf
- train from Bochum to Hamburg
- train from Hamburg to Bremen
- train from Hamburg to Leipzig
- train from Hamburg to Copenhagen
- train from Hamburg to Frankfurt am Main
- train from Hamburg to Munich
- train from Fulda to Hamburg
- train from Hamburg to Cologne
- train from Hamburg to Bochum
- train from Frankfurt am Main to Hamburg
- train from Hamburg to Stuttgart
- train from Cologne to Hamburg
- train from Munich to Hamburg
- train from Radbruch to Hamburg
- train from Hamburg to Paris
- train from Hamburg to Hanover
- train from Amsterdam to Hamburg
- train from Vienna to Hamburg
- train from Düsseldorf to Hamburg
- train from Hamburg to Mannheim
- train from Büchen to Hamburg
- train from Bardowick to Hamburg
- train from Hamburg to Essen
- train from Hamburg to Berlin
- train from Copenhagen to Hamburg
- train from Hamburg to Oberhausen
- train from Hamburg to Prague
- train from Hamburg to Malmo
- train from Hamburg to Kassel
- train from Winsen to Hamburg
- train from Paris to Hamburg
Wanderu is the simplest way to book coach and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.