Compare train tickets from Bakersfield to Yosemite National Park
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 4 daily trains from Bakersfield to Yosemite National Park. Traveling by train from Bakersfield to Yosemite National Park usually takes around 11 hours, but the fastest Amtrak train can make the trip in 6 hours and 13 minutes.
|Distance||175 mi (281 km)|
|Fastest train||6h 0m|
|Most frequent service||Amtrak|
Which train should you take from Bakersfield to Yosemite National Park?
Amtrak is the one and only train line which connects Bakersfield, California to Yosemite National Park, California. However, there are 4 trains per day to choose from.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
Amtrak is the largest passenger railroad service in America, offering daily intercity trains to hundreds of destinations across the contiguous United States, as well as several cities in Canada. Every Amtrak train comes equipped with comfortable seats with extra legroom, as well as several four-seat areas with tables in the middle. In addition, each car has a freshly cleaned restroom, free WiFi and power outlets at every seat. There are also snack bars where you can purchase drinks or food during your journey. On average, there are 4 Amtrak trains from Bakersfield to Yosemite National Park every day, as well as 4 trips on the weekends, with prices starting from €32.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Bakersfield to Yosemite National Park during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Bakersfield to Yosemite National Park?
The distance between Bakersfield and Yosemite National Park is approximately 175 miles, or 281 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 11 hours, although the absolute fastest you could get there is 6 hours and 13 minutes.
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Bakersfield to Yosemite National Park are the most crowded on Sunday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Sunday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Bakersfield at 04:00 while the last train of the day leaves at 18:00. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Bakersfield to Yosemite National Park?
There are 4 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Yosemite National Park to Bakersfield.
Where is the train station in Bakersfield?
There is one train station in Bakersfield.
Where is the train station in Yosemite National Park?
Yosemite National Park has one train station.
Need a return trip from Yosemite National Park to Bakersfield?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Bakersfield
- Train from Bakersfield to Fresno
- Bakersfield to Hanford Train
- Bakersfield to Los Angeles Train
- Bakersfield to Martinez
- Train from Bakersfield to Merced
- Bakersfield to Modesto Train
- Train from Bakersfield to Oakland
- Bakersfield to Oceanside Train
- Train from Bakersfield to Sacramento
- Train from Bakersfield to San Diego
- Train from Bakersfield to San Francisco
- Train from Bakersfield to San Jose
- Train from Bakersfield to Santa Barbara
- Bakersfield to Stockton Train
- Bakersfield to Las Vegas Train
- Train from Bakersfield to Las Vegas
- Train from Bakersfield to Portland
- Train from Bakersfield to Seattle
Continue by train from Yosemite National Park
- Yosemite National Park to Flagstaff Train
- Yosemite National Park to Barstow Train
- Train from Yosemite National Park to Burbank
- Train from Yosemite National Park to Glendale
- Yosemite National Park to Long Beach
- Yosemite National Park to Los Angeles
- Yosemite National Park to Madera Train
- Yosemite National Park to Modesto Train
- Train from Yosemite National Park to Oxnard
- Yosemite National Park to Palm Springs
- Yosemite National Park to Riverside
- Yosemite National Park to Sacramento Train
- Train from Yosemite National Park to San Pedro
- Train from Yosemite National Park to Santa Barbara
- Yosemite National Park to Santa Clarita Train
- Yosemite National Park to Wasco Train
- Train from Yosemite National Park to Chicago
- Train from Yosemite National Park to Hutchinson
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.