Search bus tickets to Aachen
How to get to Aachen by bus
|Trips per day||166|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Positioned near the Dutch and Belgian borders in the west of Germany, Aachen is a true hidden gem. Once a Roman spa town, this historic city dates back to the 1st-century and later became a favorite residence of the Frankish king, Charlemagne. A royal experience surely awaits you as well on your visit to Aachen.
The most striking building in this city is undoubtedly Aachen Cathedral. This cathedral is the first place in Europe to receive the prestigious status of a UNESCO World Heritage Site, in part because it is one of the oldest cathedrals in Europe. The cathedral is also the final resting place of Charlemange, though the exact whereabouts of his remains are unknown.
After a day spent walking around the city, visit the Carolus Thermen, or thermal baths, to soak in the hot mineral spring waters once loved by the Romans. Choose between a range of indoor or outdoor pools, saunas, and spa treatments to enjoy what the Romans called "salus per aquam," or "health by water."
Because of its border location, Aachen is easy to reach from Germany, the Netherlands, and Belgium. Frequent international and national trains run through the train stations, while the international airport is served by many major airlines. Bus lines including FlixBus and Sindbad provide affordable ground travel from many destinations. Some of the more popular routes to Aachen depart from Berlin, Amsterdam, and Brussels.
What bus companies travel to Aachen, Germany?
Located in Germany, Aachen is accessible by bus from 32 other cities. You can choose from 166 daily scheduled trips when you search for buses to Aachen on Wanderu. FlixBus usually has the most buses on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Train tickets to Aachen are also available..
Bus companies serving Aachen
First launched in Germany in 2013, FlixBus has become one of the largest intercity bus companies in Europe. Its fleet travels through nearly every country in Europe. On your trip, you'll enjoy Wi-Fi and live GPS, as well as restrooms, air conditioning, and power outlets.
Sindbad is a Polish bus company that began its service in 1983. Its fleet of over 120 modern, comfortable coaches connects destinations across Europe. Passengers have access to onboard Wi-Fi and entertainment, air conditioning, restrooms, and beverages.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a bus ticket to Aachen?
Where is the bus station in Aachen, Germany?
The busiest bus station in Aachen is Henricistraße 30. There are several other active stations in addition to this main station. The most popular bus stations in Aachen are:
- Henricistraße 30
- Train Station
- Wilmersdorfer Strasse
Is Aachen a popular bus travel destination?
What is the population of Aachen?
How much do bus tickets to Aachen cost?
What bus station is located closest to the city center of Aachen?
Top bus routes to and from Aachen
- bus from Warsaw to Aachen
- bus from Aachen to Munich
- bus from London to Aachen
- bus from Bruges to Aachen
- bus from Aachen to Frankfurt am Main
- bus from Aachen to The Hague
- bus from Aachen to Berlin
- bus from Aachen to Antwerp
- bus from Verona to Aachen
- bus from Aachen to Gliwice
- bus from Aachen to Bydgoszcz
- bus from Aachen to Leverkusen
- bus from Budapest to Aachen
- bus from Aachen to Warsaw
- bus from Berlin to Aachen
- bus from Cologne to Aachen
- bus from Aachen to Dortmund
- bus from Maastricht to Aachen
- bus from Aachen to Liège
- bus from Aachen to Wurzburg
- bus from Aachen to Venice
- bus from Amsterdam to Aachen
- bus from Aachen to Oświęcim
- bus from Aachen to Bonn
- bus from Milan to Aachen
- bus from Aachen to Olsztyn
- bus from Aachen to Vienna
- bus from Hanover to Aachen
- bus from Hasselt to Aachen
- bus from Brussels to Aachen
- bus from Leipzig to Aachen
- bus from Paris to Aachen
- bus from Wrocław to Aachen
- bus from Essen to Aachen
- bus from Aachen to Hamburg
- bus from Aachen to Maastricht
- bus from Munich to Aachen
- bus from Aachen to Brussels
- bus from Eindhoven to Aachen
- bus from Düsseldorf to Aachen
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.
Book buses and trains on the go with the Wanderu app.
Download our app and snag the best travel deals across North America & Europe.Learn more