Search train tickets to Atlanta
How to get to Atlanta by train
|Trips per day||497|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Atlanta is the capital of Georgia and the largest city in the Peach State. Located in the heart of America’s South, Atlanta is one of the foremost economic and cultural hubs in the region and the United States in general.
The city has played a major role in the Civil War and the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. As a result, across Atlanta you can find various museums and points of interest dedicated to the lives and works of various key figures in those events, including the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site and the Atlanta History Center. Unsurprisingly, Atlanta is an important stop on our MLK Jr. itinerary.
Atlanta is also a key hub for the U.S. entertainment industry, and it offers some of the best nightlife experiences in the country. Here, you will find some of the finest craft beer in America and enjoy some of the best and most authentic southern food.
Atlanta is easily accessible by both bus and train from various parts of the country, and the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport’s location on the city’s outskirts makes it easy to travel to Atlanta from all over the world.
Located at 1688 Peachtree Street NW in Atlanta’s Brookwood Hills neighborhood, the historic two-track Peachtree Train Station opened in 1918 in the style of an Italian Renaissance pavilion. The station, which is now on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, features classic pilasters and columns. More than 70,000 passengers travel on Amtrak’s Crescent train services from Peachtree Station to major destinations including New Orleans, New York, and Washington D.C. Within the station building are two waiting rooms, restrooms, vending machines, and a ticket sales office. The station has accessible entrances and limited paid parking.
Popular train stations in Atlanta:
Peachtree Station - 1688 Peachtree St NW
What train companies travel to Atlanta, Georgia?
Located in Georgia, Atlanta is accessible by train from 387 other cities. You can choose from 497 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Atlanta on Wanderu. Amtrak usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to Atlanta are also available..
Train companies serving Atlanta
Amtrak is the largest passenger railroad service in America, offering daily intercity trains to hundreds of destinations across the contiguous United States, as well as several cities in Canada. Every Amtrak train comes equipped with comfortable seats with extra legroom, as well as several four-seat areas with tables in the middle. In addition, each car has a freshly cleaned restroom, free WiFi and power outlets at every seat. There are also snack bars where you can purchase drinks or food during your journey.
The Crescent is Amtrak’s passenger train service that runs from New York to New Orleans by way of Atlanta. As an overnight service, the Crescent offers a variety of amenities and accommodation options. There’s also a café car where you can enjoy freshly prepared meals and a variety of soft and alcoholic beverages. Like all Amtrak trains, the Crescent offers free WiFi, power outlets and extra legroom.
Which train service has the best service to Atlanta?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Atlanta?
Where is the train station in Atlanta, GA?
The main train station in Atlanta is Peachtree Station - 1688 Peachtree St NW. As the busiest station, it has the most train arrivals, although some trains may make other stops in and around Atlanta.
Is Atlanta a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Atlanta?
How much do train tickets to Atlanta cost?
What type of traveler does Atlanta attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Atlanta?
Top train routes to and from Atlanta
- train from Philadelphia to Atlanta
- train from Atlanta to Nashville
- train from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- train from Atlanta to Jacksonville
- train from Atlanta to Raleigh
- train from Cary to Atlanta
- train from Atlanta to Lynchburg
- train from Greensboro to Atlanta
- train from Atlanta to New Orleans
- train from Raleigh to Atlanta
- train from Atlanta to Newark
- train from Atlanta to Seattle
- train from Atlanta to Houston
- train from Atlanta to New York
- train from Newark to Atlanta
- train from Atlanta to Baltimore
- train from Charlottesville to Atlanta
- train from Anniston to Atlanta
- train from Charlotte to Atlanta
- train from Atlanta to Miami
- train from Portland to Atlanta
- train from New York to Atlanta
- train from Clemson to Atlanta
- train from Atlanta to Savannah
- train from Atlanta to Charlotte
- train from Birmingham to Atlanta
- train from Atlanta to Winter Park
- train from Savannah to Atlanta
- train from Atlanta to Orlando
- train from Atlanta to Alexandria
- train from Richmond to Atlanta
- train from Atlanta to Chicago
- train from Toccoa to Atlanta
- train from Atlanta to Washington
- train from Greenville to Atlanta
- train from Atlanta to Cary
- train from Orlando to Atlanta
- train from Gainesville to Atlanta
- train from Baltimore to Atlanta
- train from Washington to Atlanta
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.