Compare train tickets from Northampton to St Albans City
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Northampton-St Albans City Train Schedule
There is one daily train from Northampton to St Albans City. Traveling by train from Northampton to St Albans City usually takes around 4 hours and 53 minutes, but some trains might arrive slightly earlier or later than scheduled.
|Distance||173 mi (279 km)|
|Fastest train||4h 53m|
|Trains per day||1|
|Most frequent service||Amtrak Vermonter|
Which train should you take from Northampton to St Albans City?
Amtrak Vermonter is the one and only train line which connects Northampton, Massachusetts to St Albans City, Vermont. Furthermore, there is only one train per day, so you will have to plan your travel around this limited availability. On the other hand, you won't have to spend a ton of time comparing a bunch of possible options.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak Vermonter||1||4h 54m||$49.62|
The Vermonter is an Amtrak passenger train that connects St. Albans, VT to Washington, D.C. by way of New York City. The journey is renowned for the beautiful scenic views that it presents as it passes through the Green Mountains and the Berkshires. Aboard the Vermonter, passengers can enjoy free WiFi, power outlets at every seat and extra legroom. You can also grab a bite to eat or enjoy a refreshing beverage from the train’s café. There are 1 Vermonter trains traveling from Northampton to St Albans City every day, with prices starting from $30.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Northampton to St Albans City during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
How long is the train journey from Northampton to St Albans City?
The distance between Northampton and St Albans City is approximately 173 miles, or 279 kilometers. The average train journey between these two cities takes 4 hours and 53 minutes,
Looking for ways to pass the time? Most trains are equipped with Wi-Fi, which means you can stream music, browse social media or get some work done during your ride. That said, in case your train has a spotty signal, or is among the few without Wi-Fi, we also recommend downloading TV shows and movies to your mobile device in advance of your trip. That way the ride will fly by whatever the Wi-Fi situation.
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Northampton to St Albans City are the most crowded on Tuesday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Saturday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
Most days, there is only one train which leaves Northampton at 3:00pm and arrives in St Albans City around 4 hours later.
Is there a direct train from Northampton to St Albans City?
Typically there is only one scheduled train per day. Luckily, this train will get you to St Albans City with direct service. While there might still be stops along the way, you will not need to switch trains.
You can also take a train for your return trip from St Albans City to Northampton.
Where is the train station in Northampton?
There is one train station in Northampton.
Where is the train station in St Albans City?
St Albans City has one train station.
Need a return trip from St Albans City to Northampton?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Northampton
- Train from Northampton to Hartford
- Train from Northampton to New Haven
- Northampton to New London Train
- Northampton to Old Saybrook Train
- Train from Northampton to Stamford
- Northampton to Washington D.C.
- Train from Northampton to Boston
- Train from Northampton to Springfield
- Train from Northampton to Worcester
- Northampton to Baltimore Train
- Northampton to Claremont Train
- Northampton to Portsmouth Train
- Train from Northampton to Newark
- Train from Northampton to New York
- Train from Northampton to Philadelphia
- Northampton to Brattleboro Train
- Northampton to Essex Junction Train
- Train from Northampton to White River Junction
Continue by train from St Albans City
- St Albans City to Meriden Train
- Train from St Albans City to Washington D.C.
- Train from St Albans City to Boston
- Train from St Albans City to Newburyport
- St Albans City to Westwood Train
- Train from St Albans City to New Carrollton
- St Albans City to Absecon
- Train from St Albans City to Cherry Hill
- Train from St Albans City to Pennsauken
- St Albans City to New York
- St Albans City to Allentown
- St Albans City to Bethlehem
- Train from St Albans City to Downingtown
- St Albans City to Mount Joy
- Train from St Albans City to Parkesburg
- St Albans City to Philadelphia Train
- Train from St Albans City to Brattleboro
- St Albans City to Windsor Train
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.