Search train tickets to Greensboro
How to get to Greensboro by train
|Trips per day||95|
We partner with the top coach & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Consisting mostly of industrial buildings, Greensboro is the type of city that only reveals its charm to those who have given it time. Head over to the Colonial Heritage Center to learn more about the life of the colonists during the first days of the country. The relics here, including the most outstanding collection of colonial-era maps in the country, will certainly leave you satisfied. One of the highlights of the city is the Old Greensborough quarter, which serves as a living time capsule for fans of history. The quarter also hosts some of the best establishments in town, so don’t hesitate to unwind and enjoy a quick bite at a local restaurant. When you need to retreat from the crowd, the Tanger Family Bicentennial Garden and Bog Garden, which features artful sculptures, will be a great choice.
Greensboro’s food scene is expanding rapidly and Table 16 is one of the most famous stars of this burgeoning food scene. The menu incorporates locally-grown produce as well as seasonal dishes whenever possible, making it a great place to try out local staples.
Depending on the bus carrier you are going to travel with, there are several bus stops around Greensboro that you could end up departing from or arriving at. The main Amtrak train station in town is the J. Douglas Galyon Depot located in the center of the city. Greensboro is served by Amtrak’s Carolinian, Crescent and Piedmont lines. The airport serving the city is Piedmont Triad International Airport, which is located in Guilford County.
Built in 1927 as the Greensboro Southern Railway Depot, the Galyon Transportation Center is an intermodal transit facility in Greensboro. An imposing columned entry opens to an airy station with indoor seating, vending machines, and restrooms. Three Amtrak trains serve the iconic station: the Crescent from New Orleans to New York, the Piedmont from Charlotte to Raleigh, and the Carolinian from Charlotte to New York. In addition, FlixBus US stops at the station on several intercity bus routes, and local public transit offers service from the station to stops throughout Greensboro.
Popular train stations in Greensboro:
Galyon Transportation Center
What train companies travel to Greensboro, North Carolina?
Located in North Carolina, Greensboro is accessible by train from 43 other cities. You can choose from 95 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Greensboro on Wanderu. Amtrak Carolinian usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to Greensboro are also available..
Train companies serving Greensboro
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Greensboro?
Where is the train station in Greensboro, NC?
The main train station in Greensboro is Galyon Transportation Center. As the busiest station, it has the most train arrivals, although some trains may make other stops in and around Greensboro.
Which train service has the best service to Greensboro?
What is the closest airport to Greensboro, NC?
Is Greensboro a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Greensboro?
How much do train tickets to Greensboro cost?
What type of traveler does Greensboro attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Greensboro?
Top train routes to and from Greensboro
- train from Greensboro to Cary
- train from Burlington to Greensboro
- train from High Point to Greensboro
- train from Richmond to Greensboro
- train from Greensboro to Winston-Salem
- train from Atlanta to Greensboro
- train from Greensboro to Washington
- train from Greensboro to Durham
- train from Greensboro to High Point
- train from Salisbury to Greensboro
- train from Greensboro to New York
- train from Baltimore to Greensboro
- train from Greensboro to Newark
- train from Alexandria to Greensboro
- train from Greensboro to Wilson
- train from Newark to Greensboro
- train from Greensboro to Raleigh
- train from New Orleans to Greensboro
- train from Greensboro to Richmond
- train from Winston-Salem to Greensboro
- train from Greensboro to Orlando
- train from Greensboro to New Orleans
- train from Greensboro to Kannapolis
- train from Cary to Greensboro
- train from Greensboro to Chicago
- train from Danville to Greensboro
- train from Greensboro to Greenville
- train from New York to Greensboro
- train from Charlotte to Greensboro
- train from Greensboro to Salisbury
- train from Greensboro to Philadelphia
- train from Durham to Greensboro
- train from Washington to Greensboro
- train from Greensboro to Baltimore
- train from Southern Pines to Greensboro
- train from Philadelphia to Greensboro
- train from Greensboro to Charlotte
- train from Kannapolis to Greensboro
- train from Greensboro to Atlanta
- train from Raleigh to Greensboro
Wanderu is the simplest way to book coach and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.