Compare train tickets from Wilhelmshaven to Groningen
We partner with all bus & train carriers to find the best fares.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
There are 6 daily trains from Wilhelmshaven to Groningen. Traveling by train from Wilhelmshaven to Groningen usually takes around 3 hours and 30 minutes, but the fastest Deutsche Bahn train can make the trip in 2 hours and 45 minutes.
|Distance||67 mi (108 km)|
|Fastest train||2h 45m|
|Most frequent service||Deutsche Bahn|
Train service from Wilhelmshaven to Groningen
- DB Intercity tickets: €19 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn tickets: €19 one-way
- Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company tickets: €19 one-way
Which train should you take from Wilhelmshaven to Groningen?
There are 3 train lines with service from Wilhelmshaven, Lower Saxony to Groningen, Groningen. Deutsche Bahn is the most popular choice with travelers, offering scheduled service on 6 trains each day.
|Train||Daily Trips||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|DB Intercity||3||3h 1m||€19.53|
|Deutsche Bahn||6||3h 36m||€28.57|
|Deutsche Bahn with non-federally owned railway company||5||3h 26m||€32.31|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel by train from Wilhelmshaven to Groningen during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Our train partners have implemented several different policies to keep you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. From limiting vehicle capacity to enhancing cleaning protocols and upgrading air filters, train carriers are committed to maintaining a safe environment. For details on what each company is doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
In addition, federal law requires all train passengers to wear a face covering for the entire duration of the trip. Please make sure you are wearing a face mask or you may not be allowed to board the train.
Please visit our COVID-19 Travel Guide for more information on all carrier policies and the latest travel advisories issued by every U.S. state, Canadian province, and European country.
Can you take a train all the way from Wilhelmshaven to Groningen?
How long is the train journey from Wilhelmshaven to Groningen?
When are trains the most crowded?
Trains from Wilhelmshaven to Groningen are the most crowded on Wednesday. Tickets also tend to be more expensive then. If you are looking for a great deal on your train tickets or just want extra room to stretch out, consider traveling on Saturday instead, as it tends to be the least crowded day of the week.
When are the first and last trains of the day?
The earliest train departs Wilhelmshaven at 04:00 while the last train of the day leaves at 20:00. To see all scheduled departure times, use the search function on this page to get the full schedule for your specific travel dates.
Is there a direct train from Wilhelmshaven to Groningen?
There are 6 scheduled trains on most days. Unfortunately, none of them are direct connections, so you will need to disembark from your original train and board a connecting train during your journey. Don't forget to bring your carry-on luggage when you switch trains. In some instances, you may also be responsible for transferring your own checked baggage.
You can also take a train for your return trip from Groningen to Wilhelmshaven.
Where is the train station in Wilhelmshaven?
There is one train station in Wilhelmshaven.
Where is the train station in Groningen?
There are more train stations and stops in Groningen than most cities. Most trains from Wilhelmshaven will stop at one (or more) of the 3 following stations in Groningen:
Train stations in Groningen:
Need a return trip from Groningen to Wilhelmshaven?Search Train Tickets
Plan your next adventure
More trains from Wilhelmshaven
- Train from Wilhelmshaven to Vienna
- Train from Wilhelmshaven to Quevy
- Wilhelmshaven to Berchtesgaden
- Wilhelmshaven to Gräfendorf Train
- Train from Wilhelmshaven to Nuremberg
- Train from Wilhelmshaven to Bremen
- Train from Wilhelmshaven to Brunswick
- Train from Wilhelmshaven to Oldenburg
- Wilhelmshaven to Papenburg
- Wilhelmshaven to Essen Train
- Wilhelmshaven to Frechen Train
- Wilhelmshaven to Magdeburg Train
- Wilhelmshaven to Budapest
- Train from Wilhelmshaven to Bolzano
- Train from Wilhelmshaven to Luxembourg
- Train from Wilhelmshaven to Arnhem
- Wilhelmshaven to Nijmegen
- Train from Wilhelmshaven to Kävlinge
Continue by train from Groningen
- Groningen to Berlin Train
- Train from Groningen to Ellwangen
- Groningen to Villingen-Schwenningen Train
- Train from Groningen to Bremen
- Train from Groningen to Giessen
- Train from Groningen to Hamburg
- Groningen to Cammin Train
- Train from Groningen to Cloppenburg
- Train from Groningen to Delmenhorst
- Train from Groningen to Dörpen
- Train from Groningen to Oldenburg
- Groningen to Erkrath Train
- Groningen to Herford
- Train from Groningen to Herne
- Groningen to Löhne Train
- Train from Groningen to Meckenheim
- Groningen to Bobenheim-Roxheim Train
- Train from Groningen to Schirgiswalde
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.