Search train tickets to Oakland
How to get to Oakland by train
|Trips per day||321|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Oakland, CA is a port city that is beginning to step out of the shadow of San Francisco, its neighbor to the west. Every visitor should start their Oakland trip in the downtown area and Old Oakland, the city's historic quarter full of quaint old buildings. While here, don't forget to take a short detour to Oakland's famous Chinatown as well. The African American Museum and Library at Oakland tells the history of Black communities in the area and is definitely worth a stop. For those who would prefer to stay close to nature, Dr. Aurelia Reinhardt Redwood Regional Park's abundance of redwood groves will offer amazing views.
Oakland's food scene is vibrant and diverse, with a wide range of offerings for all budgets. Enssaro is a popular local name with mid-range dishes that will whet your appetite. For an excellent haute-cuisine dinner, head towards The Wolf.
It's easy to get around the Bay Area on local public transit (called the BART, for Bay Area Rapid Transit). Getting to Oakland from further afield is also a breeze thanks to many intercity bus routes in the area and Amtrak's Capitol Corridor train, which stops in Oakland. Flights arrive at the Oakland International Airport, but several additional airport options in the larger Bay Area are also available.
The Jack London Station in Oakland opened in 1995, replacing 16th Street Station, which was extensively damaged in the Loma Prieta earthquake in 1989. The station was named after the famous writer Jack London, as he spent much of his life in the area. It is a contemporary glass and stone structure located on the easternmost corner of Jack London Square. The square, which fronts a natural estuary leading to San Francisco Bay, was formerly the hub of Oakland's port activities, connecting the maritime and agricultural sectors. It is still an active and bustling waterfront today. Amtrak's Capitol Corridor, Coast Starlight, and San Joaquins trains serve the station. It is the 10th busiest of Amtrak's 74 California stops, boarding or de-boarding an average of 1,142 people per day.
Popular train stations in Oakland:
245 Second St
Across San Leandro Blvd from BART station - 700 73rd Ave
What train companies travel to Oakland, California?
Located in California, Oakland is accessible by train from 48 other cities. You can choose from 321 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Oakland on Wanderu. Amtrak usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to Oakland are also available..
Train companies serving Oakland
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Oakland?
Where is the train station in Oakland, CA?
The busiest train station in Oakland is 245 Second St. As Oakland's main station, it has the most trains coming and going. However, a popular alternative is Across San Leandro Blvd from BART station - 700 73rd Ave.
Which train service has the best service to Oakland?
What is the closest airport to Oakland, CA?
Is Oakland a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Oakland?
How much do train tickets to Oakland cost?
What type of traveler does Oakland attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Oakland?
Top train routes to and from Oakland
- train from Berkeley to Oakland
- train from Fresno to Oakland
- train from Oakland to Napa
- train from Hayward to Oakland
- train from San Jose to Oakland
- train from Oakland to San Jose
- train from Oakland to San Diego
- train from Oakland to Fairfield
- train from Sacramento to Oakland
- train from Emeryville to Oakland
- train from Oakland to Suisun
- train from Oakland to San Luis Obispo
- train from Oakland to Portland
- train from Oakland to San Francisco
- train from San Luis Obispo to Oakland
- train from Santa Barbara to Oakland
- train from Oakland to Los Angeles
- train from Oakland to Sacramento
- train from Bakersfield to Oakland
- train from Fairfield to Oakland
- train from Richmond to Oakland
- train from Oakland to Davis
- train from Oakland to Klamath Falls
- train from Oakland to Richmond
- train from Davis to Oakland
- train from Oakland to Reno
- train from Martinez to Oakland
- train from Oakland to Martinez
- train from Oakland to Berkeley
- train from San Francisco to Oakland
- train from Oakland to Seattle
- train from Los Angeles to Oakland
- train from San Diego to Oakland
- train from Oakland to Hanford
- train from Oakland to Hayward
- train from Stockton to Oakland
- train from Modesto to Oakland
- train from Seattle to Oakland
- train from Oakland to Modesto
- train from Portland to Oakland
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.