Search train tickets to Naperville
How to get to Naperville by train
|Trips per day||203|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
Quick & Easy Booking
Book trips quickly with a simple, hassle-free checkout – online & on our app.
Fast Customer Support
We don’t monkey around. We respond within minutes to help you out.
What train companies travel to Naperville, Illinois?
Located in Illinois, Naperville is accessible by train from 110 other cities. You can choose from 203 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Naperville on Wanderu. Amtrak usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to Naperville are also available..
Train companies serving Naperville
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak California Zephyr||24||8h 34m||$111.53|
|Amtrak Southwest Chief||21||4h 5m||$99.29|
|Amtrak Carl Sandburg||9||1h 32m||$30.23|
|Amtrak Illinois Zephyr||9||1h 30m||$35.72|
Amtrak is the largest passenger railroad service in America, offering daily intercity trains to hundreds of destinations across the contiguous United States, as well as several cities in Canada. Every Amtrak train comes equipped with comfortable seats with extra legroom, as well as several four-seat areas with tables in the middle. In addition, each car has a freshly cleaned restroom, free WiFi and power outlets at every seat. There are also snack bars where you can purchase drinks or food during your journey.
Amtrak’s California Zephyr travels over 2,400 miles to connect Chicago to the San Francisco area. The full journey takes over 50 hours, so many passengers upgrade to a sleeper cabin for added privacy and comfort. The Zephyr is one of Amtrak’s most scenic routes, and the sightseer lounge’s panoramic windows offer the best views of the Rockies, the Sierra Nevadas, and the Great Salt Lake along the route.
The Southwest Chief is a passenger train operated by America’s largest train service, Amtrak. The full route travels over 2,200 miles from Chicago to Los Angeles, which takes over 43 hours. In addition to standard Coach Class seats, the Southwest Chief offers several sleeper cabin options on longer journeys. Amtrak’s Southwest Chief is consistently ranked as one of the most scenic train routes in America, thanks to the stunning views of the Painted Desert, the Red Cliffs of Sedona, and the Grand Canyon you’ll see from your train window.
The Amtrak Carl Sandburg, named after the Pulitzer-winning author, is a sister service to the Illinois Zephyr. Both operate daily services between Chicago and Quincy with additional stops in Naperville and Kewanee. Whether you buy a coach class or business class ticket, you'll have plenty of legroom and complimentary WiFi, plus access to refreshments at the onboard cafe.
The Illinois Zephyr is a passenger train operated by Amtrak, running between Quincy and Chicago. The Illinois Zephyr and its sister train, the Carl Sandburg, serve one of Amtrak's most popular lines. The train features amenities such as airline-style coach seating, a cafe on board, power outlets, restrooms, and Wi-Fi.
Which train carrier has the best service to Naperville?
Based on customers travel reviews, travelers who booked on Wanderu rave about traveling to Naperville by train with Amtrak California Zephyr giving them a 4.8 rating out of 5.
Travelers also mentioned that Amtrak Illinois Zephyr had the most comfortable train service to Naperville taking into account the seats and amenities that Amtrak Illinois Zephyr offers. They rate Amtrak Illinois Zephyr a 4.4 out of 5 when it comes to just how relaxing and enjoyable their experience was onboard.
If you are looking to arrive to Naperville punctually, travelers suggest that Amtrak Illinois Zephyr has the best on time performance on their train schedules to Naperville, rating them a 5 based on their on time arrivals.
Frequently Asked Questions
The main train station in Naperville is 105 E Fourth Ave. As the busiest station, it has the most train arrivals, although some trains may make other stops in and around Naperville.
|Departure||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|San Jose||2d 7h 30m||$404.38|
|Syracuse||1d 1h 3m||$253.69|
|Emeryville||2d 4h 37m||$314.60|
|Roseville||2d 4h 30m||$430.16|
Top train routes to and from Naperville
- train from Naperville to Macomb
- train from Dyer to Naperville
- train from Naperville to San Francisco
- train from Naperville to El Paso
- train from Hammond to Naperville
- train from Waterloo to Naperville
- train from Champaign to Naperville
- train from Cleveland to Naperville
- train from Kankakee to Naperville
- train from Naperville to Emeryville
- train from Naperville to Oakland
- train from Naperville to Galesburg
- train from Quincy to Naperville
- train from Naperville to Denver
- train from Galesburg to Naperville
- train from Naperville to Fort Worth
- train from Glenview to Naperville
- train from Milwaukee to Naperville
- train from Naperville to Burlington
- train from Naperville to Plano
- train from Naperville to Lawrence
- train from Naperville to Lincoln
- train from Naperville to San Diego
- train from New York to Naperville
- train from St Louis to Naperville
- train from Kansas City to Naperville
- train from Normal to Naperville
- train from Naperville to Princeton
- train from Macomb to Naperville
- train from Naperville to San Jose
- train from Homewood to Naperville
- train from Plano to Naperville
- train from Naperville to Quincy
- train from La Grange to Naperville
- train from Madison to Naperville
- train from Naperville to Omaha
- train from Chicago to Naperville
- train from Naperville to Los Angeles
- train from Naperville to Kansas City
- train from Naperville to Sacramento
Popular train routes in Europe
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.
Book buses and trains on the go with the Wanderu app.
Download our app and snag the best travel deals across North America & Europe.Learn more