Search train tickets to Naperville
How to get to Naperville by train
|Trips per day||459|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
What train companies travel to Naperville, Illinois?
Located in Illinois, Naperville is accessible by train from 269 other cities. You can choose from 459 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Naperville on Wanderu. Amtrak usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to Naperville are also available.
Train companies serving Naperville
|Train||Routes||Avg. Time||Avg. Price|
|Amtrak California Zephyr||19||16h 4m||$126.16|
|Amtrak Southwest Chief||18||11h 48m||$113.25|
|Amtrak Carl Sandburg||9||1h 57m||$22.20|
|Amtrak Illinois Zephyr||9||1h 56m||$27.85|
Amtrak is the largest passenger railroad service in America, offering daily intercity trains to hundreds of destinations across the contiguous United States, as well as several cities in Canada. Every Amtrak train comes equipped with comfortable seats with extra legroom, as well as several four-seat areas with tables in the middle. In addition, each car has a freshly cleaned restroom, free WiFi and power outlets at every seat. There are also snack bars where you can purchase drinks or food during your journey.
Amtrak California Zephyr
Amtrak’s California Zephyr travels over 2,400 miles to connect Chicago to the San Francisco area. The full journey takes over 50 hours, so many passengers upgrade to a sleeper cabin for added privacy and comfort. The Zephyr is one of Amtrak’s most scenic routes, and the sightseer lounge’s panoramic windows offer the best views of the Rockies, the Sierra Nevadas, and the Great Salt Lake along the route.
Amtrak Southwest Chief
The Southwest Chief is a passenger train operated by America’s largest train service, Amtrak. The full route travels over 2,200 miles from Chicago to Los Angeles, which takes over 43 hours. In addition to standard Coach Class seats, the Southwest Chief offers several sleeper cabin options on longer journeys. Amtrak’s Southwest Chief is consistently ranked as one of the most scenic train routes in America, thanks to the stunning views of the Painted Desert, the Red Cliffs of Sedona, and the Grand Canyon you’ll see from your train window.
Amtrak Carl Sandburg
The Amtrak Carl Sandburg, named after the Pulitzer-winning author, is a sister service to the Illinois Zephyr. Both operate daily services between Chicago and Quincy with additional stops in Naperville and Kewanee. Whether you buy a coach class or business class ticket, you'll have plenty of legroom and complimentary WiFi, plus access to refreshments at the onboard cafe.
Amtrak Illinois Zephyr
The Illinois Zephyr is a passenger train operated by Amtrak, running between Quincy and Chicago.The Illinois Zephyr and its sister train, the Carl Sandburg, serve one of Amtrak's most popular lines. The train features amenities such as airline-style coach seating, a cafe on board, power outlets, restrooms, and Wi-Fi.
Which train carrier has the best service to Naperville?
Based on customers travel reviews, travelers who booked on Wanderu rave about traveling to Naperville by train with Amtrak California Zephyr giving them a 4.8 rating out of 5.
Travelers also mentioned that Amtrak Illinois Zephyr had the most comfortable train service to Naperville taking into account the seats and amenities that Amtrak Illinois Zephyr offers. They rate Amtrak Illinois Zephyr a 4.4 out of 5 when it comes to just how relaxing and enjoyable their experience was onboard.
If you are looking to arrive to Naperville punctually, travelers suggest that Amtrak Illinois Zephyr has the best on time performance on their train schedules to Naperville, rating them a 5 based on their on time arrivals.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to Naperville?
Where is the train station in Naperville, IL?
The main train station in Naperville is 105 E Fourth Ave. As the busiest station, it has the most train arrivals, although some trains may make other stops in and around Naperville.
Is Naperville a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of Naperville?
How much do train tickets to Naperville cost?
What type of traveler does Naperville attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of Naperville?
Top train routes to and from Naperville
- train from New York to Naperville
- train from Galesburg to Naperville
- train from Naperville to Flagstaff
- train from Naperville to Quincy
- train from Naperville to San Diego
- train from Naperville to Burlington
- train from Naperville to Kansas City
- train from La Grange to Naperville
- train from Plano to Naperville
- train from Naperville to Austin
- train from Naperville to Lincoln
- train from Naperville to San Antonio
- train from Lawrence to Naperville
- train from Homewood to Naperville
- train from Naperville to Burbank
- train from Kankakee to Naperville
- train from Naperville to Omaha
- train from Lincoln to Naperville
- train from Naperville to Los Angeles
- train from Naperville to Denver
- train from Naperville to Oklahoma City
- train from Chicago to Naperville
- train from Dyer to Naperville
- train from Naperville to Lawrence
- train from Naperville to Macomb
- train from Naperville to Kewanee
- train from Macomb to Naperville
- train from Champaign to Naperville
- train from Naperville to Galesburg
- train from Normal to Naperville
- train from Naperville to Fort Worth
- train from Milwaukee to Naperville
- train from Yonkers to Naperville
- train from Newark to Naperville
- train from Naperville to Davis
- train from Glenview to Naperville
- train from Hammond to Naperville
- train from Naperville to Mendota
- train from Quincy to Naperville
- train from Kansas City to Naperville
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare bus and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap bus and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best bus and train deals out there.