We stand behind CDC guidelines that caution passengers against non-essential travel during the coronavirus outbreak. That said, we recognize not everyone is in a position to completely abstain. Whether it’s for work, to take care of family or to get back home, some circumstances inevitably require travel. If you’re one of those individuals who still needs to book a trip, you can continue to do so on Wanderu.
Know that most bus companies are still running at this time, though some have limited service. To review the latest news and updates on which companies have reduced routes, visit our COVID-19 Travel Alert.
In order to keep their vehicles as clean and sanitized as possible, bus companies are taking extra precautions for coronavirus. For details on what various companies are doing to ensure their fleet remains safe for travel, click here.
Here are some of the most popular bus companies:
You can search, compare, and book bus tickets from these bus companies—and many more—on Wanderu. See prices, amenities, and schedules side by side when you use the search feature at the top of this page.
Everyday, thousands of travelers like you take buses to travel between cities. Here are the some of the best deals on cheap bus tickets:
If you’re still not sure how to find the best fare, we’ve got you covered. Here are the top 5 tips for finding cheap bus tickets:
1. Book Early — It’s never too early to book your bus tickets online. By purchasing in advance, you’ll be able to secure the best price on a seat with your favorite bus company. We recommend booking five to six weeks in advance in order to lock down the lowest price on bus tickets from all major carriers.
2. Travel During Off-Peak Times — Planning your itinerary so that you’re traveling at off-peak times is a great way to reduce your transportation costs. Because weekends are so popular for bus travel, Sunday afternoon tickets tend to be the most expensive. To save, consider departing in the mid-morning on Sunday, or perhaps on a different day altogether. If your schedule is flexible then plan to travel mid-week, after the early morning commute. Mid-week tickets are frequently a cheaper option than riding on a Monday or Friday. Instead, start the weekend early with a Wednesday or Thursday departure.
3. Search for Nearby Bus Stations — If you’re traveling to a major city, you have different stations or local bus stops to choose from for your drop-off. Expand your bus ticket search to “include nearby locations” in order to find the lowest price. For example, if arriving in the most popular station is more expensive, look for an alternative bus stop near public transportation or a comfortable walking distance from a taxi stand.
4. Search Multiple Bus Companies — Whether you prefer the affordability of Megabus or the comfort of LimoLiner, everyone has a preferred bus company. Even so, expanding your search to multiple bus companies is a terrific way to land a deal on your next vacation. Wanderu allows you to compare fares from different carriers side-by-side in a single search, and even lets you book your return trip with a separate carrier to score a better price.
5. Follow for Special Deals — At Wanderu, we take pride in unearthing epic bus deals for travelers. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to hear about fantastic sales, promo codes and deals.