Search train tickets to San Antonio
How to get to San Antonio by train
|Trips per day||125|
We partner with the top bus & train carriers to bring you the best deals.
No Wanderu Fees
Without any extra fees, we make it easy to book your tickets.
Best Travel Options
We help you find & compare the best buses & trains in one place.
San Antonio is a fast-growing city located in the southwest corner of the Texas Triangle. In addition to the alluring year-round warm weather, San Antonio offers a blend of rich history with contemporary attractions and cuisine.
If there's one thing to remember from your trip to San Antonio, it’s the Alamo! This 18th century fortress is one of five Spanish missions in the San Antonio Missions National Historical Park, all of which are connected by a scenic hiking and biking trail. If history isn't your thing, the River Walk along the San Antonio River is a much livelier spot. This shaded path is lined with shops and restaurants, and you could spend an entire day strolling, shopping, and eating along the river. Don't sleep on the riverside bars, either – San Antonio is one of the cheapest drinking cities in the U.S. so you can bar-hop to your heart’s (and your wallet’s) delight.
Traveling with little ones? San Antonio is home to the San Antonio Zoo, SeaWorld, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas, any one of which will provide a thrilling adventure with no screen time required. Visitors of all ages will find treasures at Historic Market Square, the largest Mexican market in the U.S., where handcrafted art from local artisans is available alongside authentic Mexican food.
San Antonio is one of the biggest cities in Texas, so it is very easy to travel to other nearby destinations in the Lone Star State like Austin, Houston, and Dallas by bus or by train, or to destinations farther afield through the San Antonio International Airport.
The San Antonio Amtrak Station is adjacent to the city’s vibrant downtown, nestled between the Alamodome sports complex and the historic Sunset Station where train service began in 1902. Amtrak operations moved to its new home at 350 Hoefgen Ave in 1998, where passengers can board the Texas Eagle to travel to Chicago, or connect to the Sunset Limited heading to Los Angeles. The stuccoed, Spanish Mission Revival style station is fully accessible, and offers comfortable seating as well as restrooms available in the waiting room. Two of San Antonio’s most popular attractions, the bustling Riverwalk and the historic Alamo, cannot be missed and luckily are within just 1 mile of the station.
Popular train stations in San Antonio:
350 Hoefgen St
What train companies travel to San Antonio, Texas?
Located in Texas, San Antonio is accessible by train from 47 other cities. You can choose from 125 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to San Antonio on Wanderu. Amtrak usually has the most trains on any given day.
Looking for other ways to get there? Bus tickets to San Antonio are also available..
Train companies serving San Antonio
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good price for a train ticket to San Antonio?
Where is the train station in San Antonio, TX?
The main train station in San Antonio is 350 Hoefgen St. As the busiest station, it has the most train arrivals, although some trains may make other stops in and around San Antonio.
Which train service has the best service to San Antonio?
Is San Antonio a popular train travel destination?
What is the population of San Antonio?
How much do train tickets to San Antonio cost?
What type of traveler does San Antonio attract?
What train station is located closest to the city center of San Antonio?
Top train routes to and from San Antonio
- train from San Antonio to San Jose
- train from San Antonio to Palm Springs
- train from El Paso to San Antonio
- train from Oklahoma City to San Antonio
- train from San Antonio to St Louis
- train from Toledo to San Antonio
- train from San Antonio to New York
- train from St Louis to San Antonio
- train from San Antonio to New Orleans
- train from Temple to San Antonio
- train from San Antonio to Sacramento
- train from Fort Worth to San Antonio
- train from San Antonio to East Lansing
- train from Fort Hood to San Antonio
- train from Sacramento to San Antonio
- train from Houston to San Antonio
- train from San Antonio to Pomona
- train from San Antonio to Dallas
- train from San Antonio to Houston
- train from Del Rio to San Antonio
- train from San Antonio to Austin
- train from San Antonio to Chicago
- train from San Marcos to San Antonio
- train from San Antonio to Alexandria
- train from Little Rock to San Antonio
- train from San Antonio to Little Rock
- train from Oakland to San Antonio
- train from San Antonio to Detroit
- train from Killeen to San Antonio
- train from Austin to San Antonio
- train from Los Angeles to San Antonio
- train from Chicago to San Antonio
- train from San Antonio to Los Angeles
- train from Taylor to San Antonio
- train from Dallas to San Antonio
- train from San Antonio to Fort Worth
- train from San Antonio to Milwaukee
- train from San Antonio to Philadelphia
- train from San Jose to San Antonio
- train from San Antonio to El Paso
Wanderu is the simplest way to book bus and train travel.
With just a quick search on Wanderu, you can compare coach and train schedules and prices from hundreds of travel companies in one convenient place to find the trip that works best for you. Wanderu’s simple checkout process makes it easy to book cheap coach and train tickets hassle-free and with no additional fees. Most importantly, as Wanderu is an official partner of all leading bus and train companies, we always have the best coach and train deals out there.